Isabel Marant S/S 11 Paris

Watch closely and remember this. This is the next Balmain collection! :wink:

Isabel Marant - Spring Summer 2011 - Preview/Full Edited Show (Exclusive video on You Tube)

Love the styling, shoes, and some individual looks...but I'm disappointed. It's nothing original. I feel like 75% of these looks can be recreated from H&M, Zara, Urban Outfitters, etc...

^ I agree with you. I like it but also disappointed. Where is that "IT" factor.

I can safely say that my mother could actually make every single piece in there.

Can anyone pls post whole collection in HQ??

yes, lots of repeat elements from the previous two collections. the pirate pants, the ruffled dressed, the baseball style jackets and rugby tops. and then there are the newer elements to this collection ... mesh tops, powder pink, and ultra low rise pants and shorts. sooooo bad. i think britney spears might like it.

Maybe you demand a lot of Isabel Marant. I think the aim of this brand is to create wearable and desirable clothes for the "daily life". Isabel Marant always felt the trends and read into them, but she never created them.

It's cute! I like the first look. But it dosent belong on PFW.

Maybe you demand a lot of Isabel Marant. I think the aim of this brand is to create wearable and desirable clothes for the "daily life". Isabel Marant always felt the trends and read into them, but she never created them.
That's true. I do feel that this is exactly that she did and that she did it well, but of course one can't help being slightly disappointed when there's so much hype about her. I know I would wear most of this, but I sort of already do...a lot of these items are in my closet already, one way or another.

I was looking forward to this show for weeks, because I adore Isabel Marant, especially her last 4-ish collections, but what is this??? The only items that I like are the ones that are similar to her SS10 collection (boots, pirate pants etc).

Soooo dissapointed, create something new!!!!

oh, isabel. :cry: i finally started being able to afford you (barely), and you had to go and become the complete opposite of what you used to represent. :cry:

I liked what she did last season
I dont like what she's done for next season.

i agree that she doesn't belong in pfw (i love her though)

the internet vultures love it when designers become successful so that they can pick their collections apart for the very things they fell in love with in the first place. while i find the idea of pink too saccharine even for my tastes, i'm happy that isabel took on the sportswear sidelight we saw at bottega last season and marni this season. considering that her stuff falls on the backs of the same girls that wear alexander wang, it'll serve as the perfect update to that look with the perfect heels to match.

Well Half my wardrobe is Isabel Marant and I do not own and do not particularly like Wang. I think you are talking of the kind of girl that is riding on the Isabel Marant hype, not the people that were drawn to her way before celebs Knew she existed, and her style had absolutely nothing to do with powder pink and A&F shorts.

I do not hate this collection, i would gladly buy some pieces, i just think it's incredibly lazy for a designer with her profile at the moment, to not bother to create and present an all entire collection of slightly updated things she already did in the last two collections. That does not deserve a fashion show.

Anyway, could anyone post the HQ? Thanks in advance.

This collection, in my opinion, was SUCH a letdown. I was really excited for PFW, especially for the usual Givenchys, Balenciagas, Dries, and of course Isabel Marant. But when I excitedly started clicking through her collection on Style.com, I was like...WTF?!?!

A number of people have already mentioned how the collection looks like Forever21, H&M etc...which is funny because that was exactly what I was thinking as I looked through. Simple floral ruffle dresses with a plain belt....that's it??? And then the same pant silhouettes as last collection, which was so beautiful. In my opinion, not only were the pieces a bore, it was styled poorly as well. Such a shame. Honestly, if you told me that it was a Forever21 show, I would totally believe you.

Definitely lacked that usual 'wow' factor for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->