Japanese Street Style #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Beijing and Chongquing? Chinese girls are so elegant. The most beautiful white dresses I ever saw were on Tian An Men square...

Vivienne Westwood is big in some parts of Japan.

I lvoe lvoe lvoe Japanes style, i feel veyr close to it :heart: :heart: :heart:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 1st, 2004 - 7:43 pm
What about Beijing and Chongquing? Chinese girls are so elegant. The most beautiful white dresses I ever saw were on Tian An Men square...

Vivienne Westwood is big in some parts of Japan.
Yes. And Hong Kong also has some interesting people.

Vivienne is ineed big there;as is the rest of the British eccentrics,the Belgians,the American underground,the Austrians,the Dutch a few out-of-the-norm French...and of course they adore their very own :flower:

I'm into japanese everything ... I totally blame it on my -jap- best friend .. she told me everything I've got to know, from gothic lolitas to cosplay to ganguro girls!
I've noticed that japanese -teenagers- try to stand out (from hair to make up to clothing)... some try it within a group (like goth, etc) but everyone adapts very western stuff (it's like every schoolgirl and her burberry scarf) Anyhow ... they have their very own indie labels and the unique stuff, I'm totally in love w/their looks and find them surprisingly balanced ... It makes me kick myself in the head that I cant get their stuff in here :wacko:
Anyhow! tks for the picks!
*kiss*

B) Always nice to see what's going on fashion-wise around the world. Thanks for the pics. :flower:

Originally posted by MissPurple@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 12:47 am
:huh: :o
went way too far I guess.....
Actually I think that's pretty cool :blush: :flower: . Now I wouldn't ever wear something like that, but I like how the Japanese kind of take things to the next level; they go all out. They look like cartoon characters :heart: :flower:

i love fruits!

its amazing, if i saw an american wearing any of these clothes, id think theyd look like idiots. but for some reason asian people can wear the coolest/strangest clothes and look AMAZING. i am insanely jealous.

they look straight out of a video game.

I think that above all else, they genuinely seem to make an effort when they get up in the morning and that makes them different to the masses in a lot of other places :flower:

And now this isn't meant as anything rascist, but Japanese people do tend to have Japanese features (obviously) i.e. very dark hair, eyes, similar skin tone, delicate features and are generally quite petite. All very lovely things but it does mean that the model they start out with can be seen as more similar to one and other than in other countries where hair, eyes, complexion and body type vary greatly. I think this could of course influence their choices and fuel their wish to separate from the mass. But yes, that is just my opinion.

Originally posted by maarit@Dec 31st, 2003 - 10:30 am
Here's a great site with pictures from Tokyo
http://www.coromo.com/ (click on the 5 pictures above the Tokyo Street Style text)

d005.jpg
d004.jpg

s002.jpg
s004.jpg
I would like to know if these pics are winter 2004 or before ?
These pics are great.

Thanks

ps : La mode commence dans la rue, Coco Chanel

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 8:09 am
And now this isn't meant as anything rascist, but Japanese people do tend to have Japanese features (obviously) i.e. very dark hair, eyes, similar skin tone, delicate features and are generally quite petite. All very lovely things but it does mean that the model they start out with can be seen as more similar to one and other than in other countries where hair, eyes, complexion and body type vary greatly. I think this could of course influence their choices and fuel their wish to separate from the mass. But yes, that is just my opinion.
That's your observation, since you are not, I am assuming, Japanese. Studies have shown that oftentimes people have what is called "own-race bias" when it comes to recognizing differences in facial features/appearance. That means, white people can recognize a greater range of difference in other white people, black people in other black people, asians in other asians, and so on. People of a certain race/ethnic group sometimes think that people of other races/ethnic groups are more uniform in appearance, but this isn't the case. So a Japanese girl is most likely not going to look in the mirror and say, "gee, I look exactly like everyone else, so I'll use fashion to set myself apart." Your theory is based on your opinion, not theirs.

Originally posted by HBoogie+Jan 3rd, 2004 - 6:14 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HBoogie @ Jan 3rd, 2004 - 6:14 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-strawberry daiquiri@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 8:09 am
That's your observation, since you are not, I am assuming, Japanese. Studies have shown that oftentimes people have what is called "own-race bias" when it comes to recognizing differences in facial features/appearance. That means, white people can recognize a greater range of difference in other white people, black people in other black people, asians in other asians, and so on. People of a certain race/ethnic group sometimes think that people of other races/ethnic groups are more uniform in appearance, but this isn't the case. So a Japanese girl is most likely not going to look in the mirror and say, "gee, I look exactly like everyone else, so I'll use fashion to set myself apart." Your theory is based on your opinion, not theirs. [/b][/quote]
Yes, and thats why I said that it was just my opinion :flower: I don't doubt what you are saying and I was not trying to offend anyone: I never said they all looked the same or thought they looked the same, because even I can see that they do not, whatsoever, just that a lot of their features have a similar common denominator.

Japanese street style is great! so interesting yet fashionable...(strive to be like that :blush: ). We should have more posts on street style in other countries as well.

We should have more posts on street style in other countries as well.

preparing one, stay tuned :ninja:

ps: i so agree with Hboogie's post above :flower:

I find this picture very adorable, not because I think the clothes are stylish but because the girl looks very thoughtful and confident in herself in that right moment and allso because of the contrast how she stand out from the gray mass of people behind her.

(I've never posted anything before hofully the pic got a attatched to this reply)

s002.jpg

cute outfit and i love her hair!

s004.jpg

her jeans are cute!

s006.jpg

i loove this look! subtle yet stylish! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members