Jessica Simpson New Clothing Line

stylegurrl

Reaction score
05 November 2004

Clothing range for Jessica Simpson
Singer and 'Newlyweds' star Jessica Simpson has signed a licensing deal to launch a clothing line with New York manufacturing firm Andrew Sports Club.

Sports Club CEO Andrew Kirpalani says his company will develop, market and distribute a junior sportswear line, kids' clothes, dresses, hats, watches, jewellery and underwear under the Jessica Simpson and Sweet Kisses brand names.

Simpson already has a line of beauty products, including her own lickable perfume.

The licensing deal is said to be worth $10m.

Lickable perfume?

Half the point of perfume is that it's an invaluable poison when squirted into the mouth of an unsuspecting, undeserving victim. Typical.

I think this line will do really, really well.

There are a lot of girls who like Jessica's style....remember the hoopla over the Jessica Simpson shawl???

More power to her and her people for capitalizing on this, although I think it would have worked better had it been done when Newlyweds was still on the air, giving her a national platform to showcase her clothing and promote the webiste/retailers where each item could be bought.

the only celeb who should be able to have a clothing line is MAYBE kate moss.

Originally posted by lunabella@Nov 5 2004, 11:10 PM
the only celeb who should be able to have a clothing line is MAYBE kate moss.
[snapback]420102[/snapback]​
but... gwen! :cry:

:lol: :cry: I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

:: feels the urge to scream and run away ::

Oh the horror! Echhhh....

The Jessica fans around the world go "Yaay"
while the not-so-fond-of-Jessica-people go "... :sick: "

Why would anyone want to lick perfume? :huh:

Originally posted by breathe0xygen@Nov 6 2004, 03:33 AM
The Jessica fans around the world go "Yaay"
while the not-so-fond-of-Jessica-people go "... :sick: "

Why would anyone want to lick perfume? :huh:
[snapback]420207[/snapback]​

I'd rather lick the person wearing a scent I like (snuggling up to my SO who's always got amazing colognes on is great)...rather than licking their scent off, say, a hand... If I wanted to lick something sweet off someone, I'd get REAL food, thanks. lol.

Originally posted by Misako@Nov 6 2004, 07:14 PM
I'd rather lick the person wearing a scent I like (snuggling up to my SO who's always got amazing colognes on is great)...rather than licking their scent off, say, a hand... If I wanted to lick something sweet off someone, I'd get REAL food, thanks. lol.
[snapback]420285[/snapback]​

yeah, thats what I thought. Its pretty pointless unless you want to gulp down the whole bottle and dilute it with water... :sick:

Bleh. She's such a clone. I can't see her "clothing line" looking much different from all the crap that is already out in the malls.

I never did get her appeal. Pipsqueaky baby voice, fashion-android styling, helmet-hair, eyes that look like they were purloined from an anime heroine and teeth the size of the radiator grill off a '54 Chevy. I've always felt she looks vaguely malevolent.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Nov 6 2004, 10:00 AM
Pipsqueaky baby voice, fashion-android styling, helmet-hair, eyes that look like they were purloined from an anime heroine and teeth the size of the radiator grill off a '54 Chevy. I've always felt she looks vaguely malevolent.
[snapback]420456[/snapback]​

rotfl :lol:

I just don't see how there is a market for another celebrity designer...there are so many now, and I don't feel that they are contributing to the market in any way. it's already overrun. who is creating the demand for such things? surely there can't be that many jessica simpson followers out there? except maybe milla and gwen's designs, the stuff that is being produced by these celebrity "designers" all looks the same - like something you'd order out of a delia's catalogue.

Originally posted by princess_tess@Nov 6 2004, 12:17 AM
I say leave clothing lines to designers... with talent
[snapback]420103[/snapback]​

Amen, hallelujah.

as if seeing her wear the crap she puts on isn't bad enough, now it's going to be seen on other people?? :huh: :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->