Princy by Jessica Simpson

This is all rather sad. I'm a bit sick of the very idea that this girl is a fashion plate. She may have access to designer labels and hip bags but at the end of the day she looks like a mall rat with cash to spare. I'm not overly fond of the idea of celebrity branding, given the fact that very few celebrities actually have any style at all but I'm especially mad that Jessica who in my opinion is devoid of style is going to be making another 15 million under false pretense. All she has to do is slap her name on tacky clothes someone else worked on and her fans will snap them up. Its rather tragic that some people are going to think that this is really fashionable.

I hope her reign at the top is short lived.

she can't sort out her own style let alone designing for others...just tacky! kinda sick with celebrity label as well especially those who doing it for their own namasake!

:heart:

well, I think for Vince Camuto, that's a smart step. Jessica is hot after Newlyweds, and lots of teenage girls would want to own smth that has her name on it. C'mon, this princy line isn't designed for Kate Moss's style fans, their target audience are teens who wear the same clothes as Jessica. See the prices, they are not expensive, teens would definately buy it.
Btw, I think when Jessica wears casual things, she does look good. Nothing spectacular, but she looks comfy and relaxed.

I think this would have been a smart step an year or two ago, but do you really think it's a smart step now? I think she's at huge risk for overexposure--and I'm not sure she really can reinvent herself or show different sides of her style and stay in the public eye the way someone like Jlo does.

Makes me wonder how much say she had in this collection. Very minimal, I'm guessing. Maybe she should stick to what she's good at. Wait. What area IS she particularly strong in? :unsure:

Ok, I have to admit, when I first heard she was coming out with a new line, I was looking forward to seeing what she would come up with. And :yuk: ugh! Seriously, it's like a bland, no-style line......I'm a Jessica Simpson fan, personally, but this is just an over-hyped line of clothes that you could probably find on your own at Goodwill. I would like to say that's an exaggeration, but after seeing the clothes, seriously, it's not.

attachment.php

I believe she is wearing Chick by Nicky Hilton's rain and ice cream themed sweatsuit here.

Because when it rains on your ice cream... I don't know. Is this ironic yet?

All we can do is rest assured that fashion being what it is, even the laggards of the fashion public will tire of this phenomenon... next it will be clothes designed by robots or monkeys or something.

see Nicky's rainy ice cream here

it's just so awful....tacky and tasteless. jessic herself is a trend-wh*re barbie doll, who wouldn't know real, true original style if it hit her in the face. i feel sorry for her. but people will actually buy this stuff, and i feel more sorry for them. the same people that searched for that disgusting shawl that seemed to be made out of string that she wouldn't let go of in the first season of newlyweds. oh dear.

thanks allheart, well done with the ID.

Bad clothes are unforgettable, hm? Must erase memory...

This is yet, another example of how playing the dumb blonde card can make you money.
The clothes are ugly, unoriginal and most likely poorly made, but I bet she'll make tons of money.

What is the world coming to?! :shock:
There are starving kids in Africa and Jessica Simpson's "clothing line" gets bought out for $15 Million?!?!?!
I'm not usually one to be rude but this girl is taking over the world.... I hope she falls flat on her face....HARD!

jessica should stick to singing. Im sure a lot of people will buy her clothes tho, especially fans-- lol.

It just seems as though she wakes up in the morning with another potential career path handed to her on a silver platter, "Good morning Mrs. Simpson, would you like to be an actress today? How about starting a make-up line, better yet clothing!"
I saw her on Leno and he started asking her about the edible make-up/lotions and all she had to say about it was that it was so cool and yummy, she really didn't know that much about a product with her name on it, sad really.

impossibleprincess said:
it's just so awful....tacky and tasteless. jessic herself is a trend-wh*re barbie doll, who wouldn't know real, true original style if it hit her in the face. i feel sorry for her. but people will actually buy this stuff, and i feel more sorry for them. the same people that searched for that disgusting shawl that seemed to be made out of string that she wouldn't let go of in the first season of newlyweds. oh dear.

Agreed!!

She totally lacks of the sense. Nobody wears the ice cream printed sweat suit except kids and why does Nicky Hilton design the awful indecent cheap sweat suit? I cannot understand their sense. Terrible!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->