Princy by Jessica Simpson

it freaks me out how she looks exactly like her dad and her dad has made some strange comments about her boobs, as if he is proud of them

It looks like something they would sell at the Limited too.

I think Jessica is unbelievably smart for venturing out into this though. I mean, if I could put my name on painted jeans, scribbled tee shirts, and a red shrug and make $15 million off of it, i'd be there in a heartbeat. However, I would never EVER call it fashion. More like...a quick,easy money maker.

The thing that cracks me up most about celebrity fashion lines is that every person thinks they "contribute" to them. If anyone watched that special on MTV of J.Lo at fashion week. All she did was boss people around and say whether she liked or disliked stuff. Her element of "design" was making other people draw it and saying she hated it.

I'll stick with actual designers thank you. Heidi please give these people a lesson.

Homme_again005 said:
I think Jessica is unbelievably smart for venturing out into this though...

erm........i dont think it would have been HER smart idea
someone in her management or someone who manufactures clothes probhably arranged it through her people

ot: britney spears doesnt make clothing does she?

KMismyIDOL said:
Alright, if I see one more pathetic attempt by a celebrity to launch a fashion lable I think I might hang myself. Just because you're famous (not even nessesarily good) for some type of 'art' doesnt mean you are automatically great at ANYTHING/EVERYTHING artistic. Uhhg... crossover artists....

Shouldnt you blame the people that buy the clothes and not the celebrities? I mean everyone wants to make a buck and if jessica spots a gap why not snatch it before lyndsay or hillary does

Acid said:
erm........i dont think it would have been HER smart idea
someone in her management or someone who manufactures clothes probhably arranged it through her people

yeah, you're right it probably wasn't HER idea. But who ever it was just got a big paycheck for not alotta work.

And i think britney spears was starting one at some point wasn't she? It was basically a line of tee-shirts with weird sayings on them, and short denim shorts. But I don't think she ever ran with the idea after she met her now husbend.

ghoulxqueen said:
ugh, celeb designers suck!,
I think so anyways....they just do it to prolong their carreers! If a celebrity was going to desig, I would like to see mk andA to do it!

they already have a clothing line.

Acid said:

But after seeing how wonderful her perfume turned out, why not? :rolleyes:

Let's calm down; Jessica Simpson is utter rubbish. She is a musical product designed to make money we do not need to concern ourselves with her anymore than we do with generic Walmart fashions. The world is made up in the majority of mindless people slavishly following those of a higher social standing in the hope that they will catch some reflected glory. Since this is purely a commercial move it would be utter stupidity for J. Shizzle to put out anything of thought or quality (if she had that capability) since no-one would buy it! Rich businessmen want easy returns so they invest in J.S. as opposed to risky gambles with unestablished names. Yes it's a shame that the minds of the public are so polluted with celebrity that they'll do/buy/say/eat whatever J-Lo (via People Magazine) tells them to, but that is they way of the world. We are, as Stefano Pilati said, the fashion elite and we need not bother ourselves with such trite issues, especially when there's a worldwide shortage of bugle beads to worry about. Oh, the horror of it all.

Well I heard jlo demanded to take her own sweetface line so she could wear it for some photos, leaving it so that they couldn't do a show. lets hope jessica doesn't turn out as divaish and bitchy

Come to think of it, I even hate the name of the line... :ninja:

I have no time now to comment on this, but kimair thanks a lot for sharing, you always post some good info from wwd that I have no acess to it..heheeh

thanks darling :wink:

fashionyork said:
I have no time now to comment on this, but kimair thanks a lot for sharing, you always post some good info from wwd that I have no acess to it..heheeh

thanks darling :wink:

no problem my dear! ^_^

like i said, i'm not endorsing this, but it is fashion news... :innocent:

i have no problem with jessica simpson. i think. for the most part, i guess. but she shouldn't go into designing. people go to schools & it's their passion. she's just doing it for some extra cash. i hate that.

I agree as well. Celebs are a pied piper of sorts to fashionistas. They have been the endorsement route for many a product from the beginning of marketing.

In addition to the celebs making the money, they really are just being 'sold out' for their name. No conviction for their inner craft and design.

These major manufacturers are who capitalize on a celebs names are the ones monopolizing a small portion of the popular market - it won't last.
Rich puppets with wealthy puppeteers pulling their strings.

Just catching up on Vogue.co.uk and saw this

JESSICA SIMPSON struck a $15 million deal with a licensing group this week that she hopes will expand her fashion and accessories brand. Anna Wintour is unfased by the threat of world Simpsonisation, however. "The customer who is really interested in fashion is sophisticated," the editor of US Vogue told The Wall Street Journal recently. "She will take a Marc Jacobs over a Jessica Simpson every time."

I guess that means we won't be seeing Jess on US Vogue anytime soon. All I can say is YAY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->