Jessica Simpson New Clothing Line

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Nov 6 2004, 09:33 AM
Half the point of perfume is that it's an invaluable poison when squirted into the mouth of an unsuspecting, undeserving victim. Typical.
[snapback]419853[/snapback]​

:rofl: :heart:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Nov 5 2004, 09:33 PM
Lickable perfume?

Half the point of perfume is that it's an invaluable poison when squirted into the mouth of an unsuspecting, undeserving victim. Typical.
[snapback]419853[/snapback]​

squirting..mouth... and lick off another perosn....:innocent: okay I know I'm so wrong with that one :lol: , but lickable cream :huh:

She's so silly. None of this will be her ideas... she's dumb as a doorknob.

Originally posted by princess_tess@Nov 6 2004, 01:17 AM
I say leave clothing lines to designers... with talent
[snapback]420103[/snapback]​

I have seen some designers outfits and think wtf... I think if even someone isnt a designer they can be capable of designing nice clothes.. I mean who decides if someone is a designer or not?

You insult the doorknob by comparing Jessica to it! :P
Seriously, I'm not surprised that she's coming out with her own clothing line. I don't know, seems like everyone whos musical careers are sort of waning (there are exceptions, yes?) tries another avenue just to remain on top. But damn, lickable perfume? What's the point?

Sorry, I just burst out laughing when I read lickable perfume!

Jessica Simpson Collections

Wednesday, January 05, 2005
excerpt from wwd...

LOS ANGELES — Jessica Simpson, the ubiquitous singer and reality TV star, has added a new apparel licensing deal to her portfolio.

The fall line, tentatively called Jessica Simpson Collections, will launch at WWDMAGIC in February, showcasing denim jeans, skirts, overalls and jackets along with T-shirts and athleticwear. Tarrant chairman Gerard Guez said he expects the line to evolve with sundresses, cocktail frocks and dressy suits by spring 2006.

Guez said he is banking on a bonanza from Simpson’s role as Daisy Duke in the “Dukes of Hazzard” movie, which is slated for a June opening. In addition, she is to record a new album in the spring with a scheduled release this summer in tandem with a nationwide tour.
Simpson already has waded into the product waters with her partnership in Dessert Beauty Inc. Her Dessert line of fragrances launched in April at Sephora and is projected to bring in $30 million
her business manager, David Levin, said: “She, along with her mom, Tina, will be very involved in the design of the product.”
Celebrity designers are in vogue — from Beyoncé Knowles and Mandy Moore to Gwen Stefani and Eve — providing synergies for the entertainers, manufacturers and retailers.
“Celebrities are important billboards to help promote brands and products,” said Andrew Jassin, managing partner of retail consulting firm Jassin O’Rourke Group. .”
How long the trend lasts is open to debate as some of the partnerships have undergone changes.

Guez expects the line, aimed at department stores such as Macy’s with retail price points at $59 to $79, to pull in $10 million to $15 million in sales this year, buoyed by a $3 million advertising campaign for the back-to-school season. Depending on its success, Tarrant also may launch misses’ and plus-size clothes under the label, Kirpalani said. Tarrant also will launch a junior line under the Sweet Kisses label by spring 2006, aimed at midtier distribution.

:rolleyes:

why the hell is every celebrity jumping on the fashion bandwagon, is it not enough that we listen to your music or watch your movies and know every detail about your personal lives

Last edited by a moderator:
i puke once:sick: , twice:sick: , and 3 hundred more times.... just for good measure :sick: :sick: :sick:

now get ready for the ADS>>>!!!...:shock:
bad enough we had paris for guess...can you imagine?... :ninja:

like, gag me with a spoon....

"denim jeans, skirts, OVERALLS and jackets"

WTF?!?!? Nobody should be wearing overalls!!!

Oh good god. What's she going to make? Velour tracksuits? One piece white jumpsuits with the front draped down to there? She has the most appalling fashion sense, so I can't imagine how terrible this line'll be.

:sick: No no no!!!!!!!!!

As though she has to prove to us how tasteless she is once more.

she's officially on my celebrity sh*t list now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->