Jil Sander Is Restarting Her Collaboration With Uniqlo

Wonderful news! I can understand why it was so tempting for her to come back to her own brand and quit Uniqlo back in 2012, but I think her work at Uniqlo at the time was actually much more exciting and relevant for her and the world, and I felt like there was much more left for her to say with the +J line. I'm glad she gets a second chapter with them and I'm super happy that I can get new additions for my wardrobe. I still wear pieces from her 2011 collection and they still look great!

There is a feature and interview with Jil in Uniqlo's free print magalog that is in stores now. It has photos of two items.

You can read it here

I hope the men's looks will be as strong as this women's preview! I will buy anything Jil throws at me, to be honest. These days, there is very little clothes with actual design incorporated into it, so I'd better get it while I can.

To be honest, I adore her collections for Uniqlo. I think it's even better than Lemaire's. This is more sophisticated and grown-up which is so wonderful.

Her pragmatic and minimalist approach works wonders in Uniqlo. I am wondering if it would be possible for her to produce archive under Uniqlo?

To be honest, I adore her collections for Uniqlo. I think it's even better than Lemaire's

I'm actually curious to see if the breaking news of this new +J collection will affect the next Uniqlo U's performance: I've seen the new look-book and it does look less interesting than the previous ones, except for a few pieces (I'm talking menswear here)
My guess is many customers, especially those with a budget, will hold on til +J comes out.

Oh wow! She did say how much she loved collaborating with Uniqlo in a recent interview, how it was a perfect balance between reaching the masses and keeping quality of the textiles, which is one of the most, if not the most, important aspect of a Jil Sander garment. She also said she still had ideas to show to the world, not surprising this comeback... Hope it lasts and that I can buy me something.

Lemaire's U collection is out on 9/17 and +J is released in October. Lemaire's collections have included knits that look like they snag easily so they have not appealed to me. The new U collection looks quite oversized and seems to make a play for Entireworld's sweatshirt/sweatpants fans.

Wonderful. I missed the opportunity to buy anything the first time!

Occasionally you can find NWT versions of the older +J pieces on resale sites however the down pieces can sometimes go for a 2X time previous retail. They seem to be the most sought after.

I'm actually curious to see if the breaking news of this new +J collection will affect the next Uniqlo U's performance: I've seen the new look-book and it does look less interesting than the previous ones, except for a few pieces (I'm talking menswear here)
My guess is many customers, especially those with a budget, will hold on til +J comes out.

I get the feeling it might create some disharmony between Uniqlo's plans with Lemaire's line for sure. I had the impression the last few years had seen some compromises in quality and the latest upcoming collection definitely looks a lot more 'basic' than the past seasons. The knitwear is mostly wool blended with polyester and acrylic, how does that make sense when even the main Uniqlo collection employs 100% merino, lambswool or cashmere for their classic items when Uniqlo U was supposed to be the halo collection of the brand? I get the feeling +J might end up becoming the successor for Uniqlo U if it performs significantly better (which I suppose, it will)

Amazing news! Knowing how well some of the pieces from the 2015 reissue are made, I hope this new iteration would be at least of the same quality. Knowing Jil, it would be.

A place holder has been created in Uniqlo's site:

https://www.uniqlo.com/plusj/20fw/us/en/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->