Jil Sander Is Restarting Her Collaboration With Uniqlo

The outerwear is the strongest part of this one & last from the lookbook.... tempted by Jil Sander sweats though :innocent:

It seems pretty clear to me that this parka will be the key piece from the women's collection - No surprise though, her outerwear jackets with articulated sleeves and generous hooded collars were just great. I really like this dove grey colour, it's such a particular shade and it's nice that a functional and easy to wear outerwear piece gets such a sculptural treatment.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-04 um 09.54.55.png

I really wish I had order more things from last season, the quality is just amazing.

☝ mostly sold out, quite a success after the much anticipation.

I really wish I had order more things from last season, the quality is just amazing.

I also love everything I bought! l keep wearing the different shirts and the double face jacket almost every day, mixed with some more "fashion" pants I bought from the Meier's JS. I feel like all these pieces are exactly what I need now in my wardrobe. I'm planning to get the poplin shirt jacket and the shorts from the spring season tomorrow.

☝ mostly sold out, quite a success after the much anticipation.
when did this come out? as usual I forgot about this, so I'm walking into a virtual empty aisle :lol:.. I'm not sure if it was ever good but what's left for women, with the exception of the pants, is just.. horrible?.. a sweatshirt that's actually a dress, a matronly and flared Jehovah's Witness-y skirt, the same t-shirts U has been releasing every season (how many boxy t-shirts from a Uniqlo collaboration can you have and why would you need a new one..)... I wouldn't even touch the sweatpants, the back reminds me of those godawful 'classic' Adidas sweatpants that make everyone look like they're wearing a diaper.

I checked out the men's section and they have more ‘interesting’ stuff.. but all covered by U by now.

People in Japan love those Jehovahs Wtinesses skirts, with sneakers. Also it's Uniqlo, unless you get it sized down the fit will always be questionable. I only like them for their heatwear underclothes but it became such a thing in ny i ended up buying underarmor and never stopped. I also thought Jil's whole point was to be a little boxy? I remember the only time I shopped Jil was when they had a store on 57th st and the blazer I tried on was very boxy and I ended up with a Boateng-era Givenchy blazer instead.

I worked on this and one of the big conversations we had was how this would fit into the UNIQLO universe along with Uniqlo U.

The main differentiation is the prices and fabrications. These were definitely the most expensive garments UNIQLO had ever produced and the material and quality reflected it. I was actually astounded by the quality of the fabrics and there were some fabrications that UNIQLO had never attempted until then.

If you were looking online you probably had the same initial reaction I did and were a bit underwhelmed but in person the collection was so much more interesting. I didn't care as much for the women's collection but I did like the third collection for FW 21 a bit more.

Agreed, these pieces translated much better when tried on in person and with the ability to touch fabric. The outerwear was a particular highlight. I purchase a lot of the Uniqlo U & J collections but Uniqlo seems to struggle with making them looking desirable online. I guess that's the unfortunate effect of the "fast fashion" aspect. I just buy everything in XXS :lol:

I worked on this and one of the big conversations we had was how this would fit into the UNIQLO universe along with Uniqlo U.

The main differentiation is the prices and fabrications. These were definitely the most expensive garments UNIQLO had ever produced and the material and quality reflected it. I was actually astounded by the quality of the fabrics and there were some fabrications that UNIQLO had never attempted until then.

If you were looking online you probably had the same initial reaction I did and were a bit underwhelmed but in person the collection was so much more interesting. I didn't care as much for the women's collection but I did like the third collection for FW 21 a bit more.

I think the answer to those concerns is quite frankly the addition of a more 'formal' / tailoring-centered proposal to the Uniqlo universe that Lemaire's Uniqlo line does not cover (anymore?) - His two-piece-suits resembling more of a workwear ensemble with a deconstructed interior and even the knitwear often being made of wool blend yarns, rather than 100% Merino or Cashmere. Despite the fact those pieces maybe didn't end up the top sellers, I was really happy with the quality of the women's silk shirts and how they added something different you hadn't seen at Uniqlo before (Uniqlo briefly attempted to establish 100% silk shirts in the mid 2010's as a womenswear staple, with little success).

Based on your very insightful previous message, I would be curious to hear how Uniqlo reviewed the reception of the +J line, chiefly based on the higher pricepoints but also new fabrications employed in the making of +J - Did any of this later on trigger down into the main business or was a more expensive/'luxe' product offering considered less interesting to pursue in the future?

Looks like more +J items are coming in June - unless it's an error on Uniqlo's website. A silk shirt in two colorways will be sold for $159 in early June.

Looks like more +J items are coming in June - unless it's an error on Uniqlo's website. A silk shirt in two colorways will be sold for $159 in early June.
I would guess that's an error, considering that it's a style from the previous fall collection that's shown in the exact same colors it was originally issued in - It would seem to make little sense to release just a single item from a collaboration they are not supporting with further styles to create a rounded merchandise mix with.

I agree with Tricot but I just had a look and it doesn't look like a mistake.

My guess... it was an item the US market didn't receive when they were supposed to and has decided to go ahead and sell it now (this is something they do more often than you'd think).

But, if you're interested I would just email them and ask.

or, it COULD be an early arrival of a "Greatest Hits" collection coming this fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->