John Galliano - Designer, Creative Director of Maison Margiela

I just realized daniel rossbury does Schiaparelli. I thought he was the guy with those hard-sided gowns at LFW? Ok …

Anyhoo - I think its ok. It is hot and having a moment for sure and Ive advised people I know - who want to be in the moment - to get Schiaparelli. It looks great w Balmain and SB McQueen.

I need to watch this documentary.…

I don’t think so I don’t believe there was really any rhyme or reason to him deleting posts but he’s cleared his feed a few times before. For a while he had everything cleared everything except like one pic for Kate moss’s bday or something? and the blm black square lol and that was like maybe last year or the year before

I don’t think so I don’t believe there was really any rhyme or reason to him deleting posts but he’s cleared his feed a few times before. For a while he had everything cleared everything except like one pic for Kate moss’s bday or something? and the blm black square lol and that was like maybe last year or the year before
nothing says 'my online formation was facebook and I'm deranged' louder than fcking with your feed (wiping it out, then bringing back the one post no one ever cared about, posting that random square like you're so solemn and like 'this stupid post is worth a thousand words', or like you're hurt that you never got enough likes 'taking my toys posts offline if you don't like them then!'). You know what's great and actually intriguing? when you can play social media like you're Bond.. say, actress Alexa Demie, model Tilda Lindstam, you know they're alive, and somewhere, but they either don't care or have monumental strength to watch without being watched. Pilati and John should try that.

The Galliano portion of the interview is simply praise and gives no insight into Galliano's future at MM:
You will be happy after seeing the success of Galliano's collection at Margiela last January. When you hired him, in 2014, it was a risky signing...
I was always clear about it with him. For me he is the best designer in the world, he is a genius. In the same way that I did not hesitate when I invested in the brand, because I knew Martin and for me he was a reference for what was important and the fashion that interested me, as the years went by I did not doubt that I loved him [Martin Margiela left the firm in 2009 and John Galliano was fired from Dior in 2011]. To convince him I took him to the archive. He spent the whole day observing every detail, telling the story of each piece and at the end he told me: “Right now I would just like to work here.” I was not wrong. Margiela has been growing for years because John Galliano tells stories like no one else, but he also imagines and builds each product like no one else does. For this show he asked for time and we gave it to him, he spent weeks on each dress, but we knew it was going to be something exceptional.

this thread isn't intended solely for speculation lol
Of course –I was simply summarizing and sharing the translated text so that other's wouldn't go to the article in search of further breadcrumbs to the rumors.

Watched the System Stories feature, you can see that John really loves fashion and design. His passion clearly represented by his inability to sit still when describing design and his treatments. A real artist. And with that said, still working through some points of self; but I think design heals him. The ability to create something instead of destroying it is really important for creatives like him. Glad he's doing better. High & Low was an interesting dissection of his work, and work style which has seen many faces, many chapters and several dimensions over an expansive career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eyl278
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->