John Galliano - Designer, Creative Director of Maison Margiela

He only needs to make John Galliano Haute Couture and John Galliano Hommes Haute Couture and the rest will be history.
I imagine that the negotiations not only include the head of the designer, but also the heads of his team, which are made up of the best, tailors, seamstresses, assistants, pattern makers, among other people. Renzo not only loses Galliano but the entire team. What will be happening? Are they falling apart inside?

John Galliano for Fendi seems needed...

I dont know about JG at his own line. JG's own line was always very unwearable - I owned a few pieces but not many because so much of it was so unwearable... His later seasons were more wearable than his earlier collections which were not really produced IIRC.

Not to mention a lot of JG's Femme collections were just the same 2 or 3 ideas on a loop in different fabrics. So it's not like we have a serious house here since John funneled all his best to Dior...

I think giving him back his name should be just done for goodwill purposes. Then John should do his own line and Fendi... He has to do two labels at once - he's a super designer.

Last edited:
it is strange how less they show collections these days. definitely a bad sign from galliano as he is always full of ideas and i dont think he would personally choose to skip so many seasons so definitely something is going on.
There were nothing new in his last Couture, he is just out of ideas. And he is more in to process than in to result - all these scrapbooks and inspirations at the exhibit and in the end it was just a Vionnet rip off

There were nothing new in his last Couture, he is just out of ideas. And he is more in to process than in to result - all these scrapbooks and inspirations at the exhibit and in the end it was just a Vionnet rip off
I feel like that’s true and I’m still half and half on that season, but there can be a “newness” in realizing Vionnet in the context of today. It’s all about How I’m Feeling Now™️. And I hope the emphasis on process would inspire people to look inward rather than unquestioningly heil to the consumer overlords. Which I mean … double edged sword there, considering its “luxury brand” status selling overpriced merch now.

This is going to sound bad, but I was also thinking you kinda need to be “poor” to be talented.

I feel when you are too comfortable you don’t have issues, everything is very easy… Galliano, McQueen, Ghesquière, Margiela… they all come from poor environments.
Idk why I'm quoting an old post but I was thinking about this lately.

It seems to me that it harkens back to aristocracy/monarchy and how artists/designers worked for the powerful and rich (they still do but we pretend they don't lol). A rich blue blood person doing art could only result in dilletantism. Art was a service done by commoners to the blue blooded. Maybe that's why we feel unease with a heir doing fashion design when these people were tradicionally the patrons of design, not designers themselves.

Daphne Guinness is a good example of a modern patron/mecenas of the arts/design.

He only needs to make John Galliano Haute Couture and John Galliano Hommes Haute Couture and the rest will be history.
I imagine that the negotiations not only include the head of the designer, but also the heads of his team, which are made up of the best, tailors, seamstresses, assistants, pattern makers, among other people. Renzo not only loses Galliano but the entire team. What will be happening? Are they falling apart inside?
Normally you have clause that you can't take people from the company, unless they leave by themselves after a while etc

But i can image his boyfriend will leave with him same day per example or someone else he might have brought and is part of the small close team.

It sounds strange but I wonder if the contract with LVMH includes an "addict clause". Or a clause regarding falling from grace, so that what happened the last time does not happen, that is, if Galliano grew and learned, I suppose that the great businessmen also grew and learned with this experience of losing the genius, the rara avis...

It sounds strange but I wonder if the contract with LVMH includes an "addict clause". Or a clause regarding falling from grace, so that what happened the last time does not happen, that is, if Galliano grew and learned, I suppose that the great businessmen also grew and learned with this experience of losing the genius, the rara avis...
It's about fair competition many companies have it its normal when it comes to poaching co workers away, in theory you hired good people so you want to keep them in the company.

Regarding clause for bad behaviors its standard, anything you do that can damage the reputation of the company or is illegal by local law falls under reasons for determination of contract, among many other things as theft or corruption, giving company info or secrets to competitors etc etc .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyemeritus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->