John Galliano - Designer, Creative Director of Maison Margiela

Where is this sentiment that galliano cannot make many shows a year coming from? He has proved it when he was making collections for dior and his own namesake that he is capable... Margiela's lack of collections is definitely from external reasons and not because of his capabilities. Sure couture takes time but it doesnt mean its the only one they are working on unless their atelier is way smaller than what Galliano is used to so they all have to work on the couture collection and lose time for any rtw. But MM6 doesnt have any troubles making collections... i wonder what is the real reason behind the non-showing.

If it's not Dior or Givenchy then they can keep it. Just give him back his own name.

imagine this at Chanel around contract negotiations lol
lol, right?
Tbh, I don’t even think about Chanel for him. I try to be realistic.
I don’t see anywhere else than Margiela. Maybe Schiaparelli…Della Valle and Arnault are in business after all. If Roseberry was ever going to leave, Schiaparelli has enough cachet and a business model likely to fit Galliano’s requirements.

I don’t think Galliano has the drive anymore to deal with what is expected from a designer today.
Ok, he was one of those who created the blueprint model for what a CD should be but it has burned him one time.

Arnault would never give him back his baby. I think maybe the mass should move on the same way people have moved on.

Nevertheless, Wintour has done a good PR thing for him. His name is back on the conversation. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that they will dedicate a MET exhibition for him and it may coincide with the revival of his house or him taking over another maison. But he needs to work on a smaller scale. And in reality, Schiaparelli offers that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bloopybloop
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->