John Galliano Mens F/W 09.10 Paris

wow, i LOVE the white coat from yahoo and that trench (or trenchy looking coat). the white looks so lush!

I'm back from the show. It was in an old building, in the dark, but it was full of something like 15 000 candles on the floor !
The runway was a big triangle of little candles, and crystal on the floor; and a red glitter line.
3 parts for the show, one typically based on history inspirations, then the underwear part, and finally a quite good part of black suits, to finish with that red velvet suit.
Some funny things, some hideous, and some beautiful (the last part).

I was totally about to start complaining about how sick I was getting of his rough trade/post apocalyptic/thug/clubkid shtick when I stumbled upon those suits with the giant tulle bows at the neck. That gives me hope that he'll finally use his creativity to make interesting, dramatic menswear that isn't comprised of destroyed textures and printed t shirts.

3 parts for the show, one typically based on history inspirations, then the underwear part, and finally a quite good part of black suits, to finish with that red velvet suit.
Some funny things, some hideous, and some beautiful (the last part).
looking at the images i feel like this was a very unnecessary part

^He has been doing it for quite sometime now, and i still have to agree with u!
So unnecessary!

But so far, typical galliano, looks around the same as his other fall collections.

THANKS!:D

American revolution, maybe?

At least that's what I'm seeing with the white, George Washington hairdos and the tri-corner hats (as seen in the final walkout picture).

As far as clothes are concerned, they seem pretty good. I especially like the outfit on the guy leading the final walkout...the trench, the white tank, the brown pants and baggy boots look great together.

Excited to see the full collection to figure this all out!

I always ignore the sl*tty, male lingerie looks in John's collections, anyway.

1j.jpg
2j.jpg

3j.jpg
4j.jpg

5j.jpg
6j.jpg

men.style

Here's the Review:
January 23, 2009

Though there were several thousand votives burning and Slumdog Millionaire was playing on the soundtrack, it was freezing in John Galliano's show venue. And the wintry chill penetrated his collection. From Scott Barnhill's entrance in a tricorn, with powdered wig and bruised eyes, the scene was set for the usual pell-mell historicism. But it didn't quite engage, possibly because Galliano's cast of characters was a little frosty. Dead-eyed highwaymen in their britches and buccaneer boots were followed by a crew of piratical zombies who also looked to have shuffled off this mortal coil. Next came a posse of Pans, their satyrdom curtailed by the subzero temps, and a coven of black-clad Pilgrim Fathers—not a fun bunch at the best of times, even if this lot were wearing shirts as sheer as lingerie.

There was still enjoyment to be had, particularly when—during the underwear promo that has become the wingiest part of a Galliano show—the designer paraded a high-court judge in wig, undies, shoes, socks, and garters. But maybe it was color that was missing from the show, and that may very well have been Galliano's comment on a world gone wrong.

— Tim Blanks​
men.style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->