John Galliano Mens F/W 09.10 Paris

I see American Revolution all through here too. John is giving us more history lessons. :P

I'll be honest, I love when John goes totally extravagent with menswear like this-- he doesn't limit himself in his womenswear collections so I think making his menswear collections extravagent is even better. The eyebrows were amazing to me for make-up and I love in post #34 how the model is powder white wearing pants I would die for.
The giant bits of tulle are so gorgeous-- oh goodness I adored those on the suits. There are touches here that change the normal image Galliano goes for (kind of this burly and thug thing) and now it seems toned down from masculinty (but sexy and confident.)

I can't see a single thing here I wouldn't wear!

Does anyone know if the upcoming boutique in las vegas Caesar's Palace will sell the homme line??

I can't believe I'm saying this. When I first looked at the collection, many months ago, my thought was "what the he_ _ is this? Did I stumble into the women's collenction?" I then raised an eyebrow or two and went my merry way.

However, after running across the collection again <takes deep breath> I think, if no one knew, I'd wear the underwear with the garters. [Did I really say that?]

I'd feel - I'm not sure of the right word -"naughty" wearing that under street clothes and I think that's exactly what John is tapping into: the desire to do something taboo and get away with it. I have to admit that I never thought I'd consider for a second wearing something like this...John, you're messing with me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->