Karl Does H&M

i dont see this as tragic as most of you make it sound. B)

its H&M
its Karl Lagerfeld
its Collaboration
its Affordable
its Publicity
its Most probably gonna be Wearable

i dont see any connection to whether Chanel is gonna suffer for this :unsure:

personally i cant wait to see the line :woot:

Originally posted by leyla m.@May 2nd, 2004 - 10:52 am
i dont see this as tragic as most of you make it sound. B)

its H&M
its Karl Lagerfeld
its Collaboration
its Affordable
its Publicity
its Most probably gonna be Wearable

i dont see any connection to whether Chanel is gonna suffer for this :unsure:

personally i cant wait to see the line :woot:
i completely agree, leyla

i mean.......whats the big deal?

its not like those who wear chanel are going to be threated by those inferiors who shop at h&m..... :rolleyes:

I think that when you want to have something from Chanel etc. you want to have high quality thing, and some things at H&M are really sh**ty

18 June 2004 WWD

Karl Lagerfeld Loves His H&M

PARIS — He’s hardly a bargain hunter, but Karl Lagerfeld can’t help being impressed by what fast-fashion behemoth Hennes & Mauritz can turn out at a price.

“They sent me a suit: 49 euros [$59]. It’s divine,” Lagerfeld said Thursday. “It’s unbelievable — the fit, everything. A lot of suits costing 300 euros are not as good as this one.”

The designer is slated to meet with H&M officials next week in Paris to hammer out a collaboration that was first reported in WWD on April 28.

Lagerfeld said he has already completed sketching his first Karl Lagerfeld for H&M collection, slated for delivery to the Swedish retailer’s 950-plus stores in November. Fittings are to begin next week.

Lagerfeld, one of the most recognizable fashion designers in the world, also confirmed he will photograph and star in the upcoming advertising campaign with model Erin Wasson.

“My dream is to do very expensive lines like Chanel and Fendi and very inexpensive things,” he said. “I don’t believe in anything in between….Today people wear T-shirts and jeans with exceptional things.”

H&M has so far declined all comment on the Lagerfeld collaboration, but it is understood it chose the designer for his international celebrity.

The Swedish firm operates stores in some 19 countries, including about 68 in the United States. H&M plans to add about 140 new locations this year, including its first location in Slovenia.

Attachments

• 061804_2.jpg
    061804_2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 3
i think this has been long in the making. i read an article that quoted Lagerfeld as saying, "go either very cheap or very expensive. It's the middle ground that is fashion nowhere."

Originally posted by seraphelle@Jun 18th, 2004 - 6:53 am
"go either very cheap or very expensive. It's the middle ground that is fashion nowhere."
i absolutely agree with this quote, welcome to tFS seraphelle :flower:

btw, Karl looks real weird in the photo atelier posted, like his head does not belong to his body :P

Originally posted by Lena+Jun 18th, 2004 - 1:15 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jun 18th, 2004 - 1:15 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-seraphelle@Jun 18th, 2004 - 6:53 am
"go either very cheap or very expensive. It's the middle ground that is fashion nowhere."
i absolutely agree with this quote, welcome to tFS seraphelle :flower:

btw, Karl looks real weird in the photo atelier posted, like his head does not belong to his body :P [/b][/quote]
It's those Hilditch and Key ultra-high collared shirts .
Are they meat to hide a ' turkey ' neck ? :o
BTW , he wears polo neck sweaters when ' casual ' , could be for the same reason ? !!!

KIT :innocent:

:lol: tsk tsk tsk kit :P

ergardless the collar effects,
truth is he has a HUGE head to balance his very very short body :ninja:

OH, the vanity.

He might be able to pull it off, but I'm not sure - that whole Isaac Mizrahi for Target thing is just a huge mess in my opinion, but then again Mizrahi and Lagerfeld are in different leagues... Even Marc by Marc is really bad quality sometimes and made me lose interest in the whole Marc Jacobs brand as a whole.

I think the big mistake here is forgetting to focus on a specific target audience - fashion is so subjective that when you try to appeal to everybody, you might end up appealing to NOBODY.

On a serious note , the collections that designers like Clements Ribiero , Jasper Conran , John Rocha , Betty Jackson , Burro , Timothy Everest , Oliver Sweeny , Kim Jones , Sophia Kokosolaki , etc etc , do for Debenhams , M&S and Topshop etc , help to keep them in business with much needed funds , and the clothes DO NOT detract from the mainline collections .

It CAN work !!!

KIT :innocent:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jun 18th, 2004 - 7:18 pm
Karl is H&M essentially...
:lol: :flower:

i absolutely agree with kit, karl is certainly not the first one working with chain stores, if he likes this kind of arrangements (anything to keep him :rolleyes: popular and in the Press, well, i guess its ok for me - i dont like his work anyway, H&M or not H&M) :P

has this rumour been confirmed...or is it still just speculation?... :huh:

Originally posted by runner@Apr 30th, 2004 - 2:06 am
related article from guardian

Pretend you know all about: High street designer ranges

Ooh, we love, love, love a fashion rumour. Of course, a good proportion of them turn out to be little more than tabloid transfer tittle-tattle, but they are fun anyway. Let's start with the week's most unlikely, not to say slightly surreal, rumour, which has tongues wagging from Oxford Street to the Avenue Montaigne.

Karl Lagerfeld, designer for Chanel, Fendi and his own Lagerfeld Gallery label - and a man who dismissed Stella McCartney, in her Chloe days, as a T-shirt designer - is allegedly about to design a range for the Swedish high-street giant H&M. It is even suggested that he will make an appearance in the ad campaigns. If this is true (and the H&M press office is responding only with a tight-lipped "we can't comment on rumours") it would be a major coup for the store. But even if this turns out to be a fairy story, there are some fabulous collaborations in the pipeline.

The high street over the past few years has swooped on the credibility a designer name can give, and you can already find Matthew Williamson's designs at Debenhams, Sophia Kokosalaki's at Topshop and Eley Kishimoto's on the New Look rails. The latest designers to (definitely) join in the fun are Clements Ribeiro, whose collection for the department store chain Allders was launched this week: it includes a floral/butterfly print dress, cashmere knits (a Clements classic, but hitherto one with a prohibitive price tag) and polka-dot bits and pieces. Meanwhile, New Look has bagged New Zealander Karen Walker to whip up a selection of cute printed pieces, to be launched in June.
oh?...well this is the last 'official' news i've had on it and it isn't confirmed here...so i was just wondering...so when will the pieces hit stores?...thx../

An interesting piece of news, and I have to admit that I'm rather interested to see what he'll come up with. I've always liked H&M, along with stores like Topshop, but those I can never get as I am on the West Coast of the US and they don't sell that stuff here. Still, I'd be interested to see his designs for H&M. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LolaC888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->