Karl Does H&M

Originally posted by banana+Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:39 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (banana @ Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:39 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ms. Diorella@Jun 21st, 2004 - 6:20 am
I think some people have missed the point that a lot of the people who shop at h&m wouldn't even know who Karl is, I know that sounds really elitist but i don't mean it like that, but i mean not everyone is gonna know who he is.
Excuse me? Even the least fashion conscious people I know who don't own a stitch of designer clothing still know who Karl Lagerfeld is. They might not be obsessed with fashion and designers but they don't live in caves. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Sorry, didn't mean for it to come out that way, I'm just saying not everyone in the world knows who he is.

no offence but just 'cause people you know know of him it doesn't mean everyone will do. :flower:

i think he is a smart man who knows that cheaper fashion is fast replacing high fashion as the more profitable and demanded.
another thing is that his high fashion talents seem to be drying up!!

Off-the-Rack Lagerfeld, at H&M
By THE NEW YORK TIMES

Published: June 22, 2004

e wears high white collars and still prefers to correspond with paper and pen, but everyone in fashion knows that Karl Lagerfeld is a champion multitasker. There are the collections he designs for Chanel, Fendi and his own label, Lagerfeld Gallery; the books he publishes under his own imprint; and the photographs he makes for magazines like French Vogue and V. Now Mr. Lagerfeld has given himself a new task: designing a small line of clothing and accessories for H&M, the Stockholm-based mass retailer.

Advertisement

This latest high-low collaboration was announced yesterday, as Mr. Lagerfeld was working on his fall Chanel haute couture collection in Paris and preparing to photograph the actress Vanessa Paradis for Marie Claire. H&M, which has 991 outlets in 19 countries, said Mr. Lagerfeld has designed 30 styles, for sale in November, under the label Karl Lagerfeld for H&M.

"I was always quite fascinated by H&M," Mr. Lagerfeld said by telephone. "Because people who buy Chanel and other expensive things buy there, too. For me, this is fashion today." He was flattered, he said, that H&M approached him after concluding that his name and face could attract millions of shoppers. "My look isn't too classical, and it isn't trendy," said Mr. Lagerfeld, 65, who will appear in advertisements for the line. "My look is the look of nobody."

Chanel doesn't have a conflict. "We're 101 percent fine with the idea," said Arie L. Kopelman, president of Chanel Inc., where a simple white blouse with collar embroidery can cost $1,500. "It's a decision that only Karl can make."

Mr. Lagerfeld said the H&M line will, in any case, more closely resemble the graphic style of Lagerfeld Gallery. "I'm not going to do what I do for Chanel," he said. "That's copied enough."

He sounded as if he had all the time in the world. "It's quite a pleasant feeling," he said, pursuing the idea of multitasking. "And I must say maybe it's because I never look back. Tomorrow we don't know about, and yesterday is over." CATHY HORYN

NY Times today

Originally posted by Ms. Diorella+Jun 22nd, 2004 - 6:37 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ms. Diorella @ Jun 22nd, 2004 - 6:37 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by banana@Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:39 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Ms. Diorella
@Jun 21st, 2004 - 6:20 am
I think some people have missed the point that a lot of the people who shop at h&m wouldn't even know who Karl is, I know that sounds really elitist but i don't mean it like that, but i mean not everyone is gonna know who he is.

Excuse me? Even the least fashion conscious people I know who don't own a stitch of designer clothing still know who Karl Lagerfeld is. They might not be obsessed with fashion and designers but they don't live in caves. :rolleyes:
Sorry, didn't mean for it to come out that way, I'm just saying not everyone in the world knows who he is.

no offence but just 'cause people you know know of him it doesn't mean everyone will do. :flower: [/b][/quote]
I don't know anyone who knows who Karl Lagerfeld is...so there y'go...depends who you know really...

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats+Jun 22nd, 2004 - 10:27 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PrinceOfCats @ Jun 22nd, 2004 - 10:27 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Ms. Diorella@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 6:37 am
Originally posted by banana@Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:39 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Ms. Diorella
@Jun 21st, 2004 - 6:20 am

Excuse me? Even the least fashion conscious people I know who don't own a stitch of designer clothing still know who Karl Lagerfeld is. They might not be obsessed with fashion and designers but they don't live in caves. :rolleyes:

no offence but just 'cause people you know know of him it doesn't mean everyone will do. :flower:
I don't know anyone who knows who Karl Lagerfeld is...so there y'go...depends who you know really... [/b][/quote]
Exactly prince, that was what i was trying to say, my ways with words have never been so good.

ok...good...mid november delivery... 30 pieces...rather graphic, not at all like chanel...and at the high spectrum of H&M's pricepoint... men's and women's..and Karl will shoot himself...i think that covers everything...

thx everyone...i have no more questions...

:lol: :flower:

:wink:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 3:15 pm
men's and women's..and Karl will shoot himself...i think that covers everything...

thx everyone...i have no more questions...

:lol: :flower:

:wink:
hehehehe! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->