Karl Lagerfeld to leave Chanel?

Alessandra would be fantastic for the Chanel team. Her aesthetic could be both compatible and new for Chanel. Plus, a woman Back at Chanel may be interesting too.

But I still somehow do not see Karl leaving the house that he built.

^ I agree, what would he do if he retired? He seems to have a huge amount of energy & it must be channeled ... seriously, can you imagine what Karl would do at the old folks' home :woot: He would have the place turned upside down in 24 hours. He would have insulted everyone, and everyone who could understand him would be in tears. Multiple staff members threatening to quit, or having quit already. Disastah, darling ...

But personally I think he's probably not drinking blood with his corncakes, so eventually there will be an end :wink:

And I think the idea of Alessandra is a good one ... surely no one could complain about expense at Chanel. And I can see the advantage of a predecessor being actually gone, rather than ghoulishly and cattily hanging around :ninja:

I think Alber would be really unhappy at Chanel, and an unhappy designer is not a good designer. Lanvin seems to be the perfect metier for him ...

i think as stated on ASVOF it was indeed a rumour :smile:

thank god for that *phew*

I rather alessandra at lanvin. I feel like Chanel would suffocate her with all it's commercail gimmicks.

^^On the other hand, I think Alessandra could help reverse a lot of those silly commercial gimmicks that Karl has developed over the last several decades.

About those Rumors
So. Recently, there were some rumors from a certain Diane Pernet that I was leaving Chanel. I was notified about the rumor when I was supervising the construction of my treehouse over at Gramercy Park. I had an assistant look up who this Diane Pernet is.
Me: Who is this Pernet person?
Assistant: The one who wears black veils and all that. Dark glasses. Copies your style, with dark glasses and all.
Me: Oh, I like her voice.
Assistant: Should narrate movies.
Me: Since when did a stock character come up with suggestions like that?
Assistant: Uhh..
Me: It's okay. You weren't aware that you were a character. Just breaking the fourth wall again.
Assistant: You always do that.
Me: Now you're getting it! Anyway, we're annoyed with Pernet.

I was rather bemused with this woman. I am immortal, and Chanel is my bride. I'm Karl Otto Lagerfeld. Why would I ever stop working?

Me: She said that Alber would take over my position.
Assistant: But Alber's Lanvin.
Me: Exactly. It's like saying...it's like trying to wear an untailored suit.
Assistant: Square pegs in round holes.
Me: Why're you putting square pegs into round holes?
Assistant: I don't really know..
Me: It seems a pointless task. Why are people putting pegs into holes anyway?
Assistant: It's a metaphor, I think.
Me: It's just unimaginable.

Anyway, we ("we" being Chanel) issued a statement denying this horrible and perplexing rumor. I just felt like writing a post to express my confusion at this sort of rumor- it's just impossible. You might as well claim that I'm a woman, all models are obese. Really, I am Karl Lagerfeld. I don't care how good your sources are, Ms. Pernet. I'm the only one to design Chanel. I'm not dying anytime. Being retired is boring- have you seen Valentino? I do believe that your "shaded view of fashion" is so shaded you can barely see anything anymore, hmm? In any case, the rumor interrupted my construction of the treehouse. And I love the smell of building sites.

from fake karl

:smile:

weeelll i may be the only one who says, ITS ABOUT TIME!!
i mean, his work for the house is good, but after seeing the past few seasons you can see its just a little too consistent, with very little or no variety
i think its time to bring some new flavour and style to chanel
as kind of a rebirth?

TBH, if the rumour is a complete lie I'll be disappointed . .
I like change - a bit of mixing up - It's exciting.

OMG!!! i would be devastated honestly...
on that day i KNOW i would really cry real tears

he's such an ****! that little blurb--i do not see any reason why he should sit on his pedestal and berate diane who was only posting a rumour going round. especially when rumours are always going on about him,even printed,about his eventual departure and everything else that revolves around him. and i don't believe him when he says he doesn't know who she is.

that's the reason i can't stand him 95% of the time. he's a complete narcissist who hates the idea of not being the arbiter of everyone's devotion. and he's constantly offending the legacy of mlle coco,often proclaiming she's irrelevant and no longer matters at chanel. whatever,i will throw a big bash when it happens...

he's such an ****! that little blurb--i do not see any reason why he should sit on his pedestal and berate diane who was only posting a rumour going round. especially when rumours are always going on about him,even printed,about his eventual departure and everything else that revolves around him. and i don't believe him when he says he doesn't know who she is.

that's the reason i can't stand him 95% of the time. he's a complete narcissist who hates the idea of not being the arbiter of everyone's devotion. and he's constantly offending the legacy of mlle coco,often proclaiming she's irrelevant and no longer matters at chanel. whatever,i will throw a big bash when it happens...

Send me an invite please ^_^

source | theimagist

There is a stunning piece of hiss that should it come true, would mean two major fashion houses are in line for a serious re-alignment. The three part scoop involves...(A.) one of fashion's most major designer retiring from a venerable house, making room for that complex and talented countryman of his (B....) jumping from his current house to the vacant throne. Which (C) then leaves another of fashion's most legendary brands open for a certain star talent to come out of the wilderness back into the luxury fold. If I've dramatically dubbed certain industry changes"continental shifts" this change would be like...a new universe exploding into existence. It's that big!

:unsure: :lol:

"making room...countryman of his" how many other designers are German like Karl and good enough for Chanel? I don't think it has anything to do with Karl.

The only other big name German I can think of is Tomas Maier.

Could this be talking about Pilati and Tisci?

Pilati and Tisci make the most sense.

The way I read it: Riccardo Tisci leaving Givenchy, Stefano Pilati taking over, leaving YSL open for Olivier Theyskens.

I'm not sure what to think of that scenario, really...I just don't see why Tisci would want to leave Givenchy, if this is indeed about Riccardo. Unless, of course, he wants to revive his own label and focus on that venture in its entirety. About Stefano, I'd be glad to see him gone from YSL. I adored his earlier work for the house, but for the last couple of years, he has produced the most soulless collections I've ever seen. He needs a change, or at least YSL does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->