Karl Lagerfeld to leave Chanel?

It isn't Chanel and it isn't Givenchy either.

Get out of Paris and you'll find your answer.

From fashionolgie:
Over the weekend, The Imagist had tongues wagging with a rumor involving three designers shifting their current placement (or lack thereof:( "Should it come true, would mean two major fashion houses are in line for a serious re-alignment. The three part scoop involves...(A.) one of fashion's most major designer retiring from a venerable house, making room for that complex and talented countryman of his (B....) jumping from his current house to the vacant throne. Which (C) then leaves another of fashion's most legendary brands open for a certain star talent to come out of the wilderness back into the luxury fold."

In response, a Fashin commenter posted: "If the 2nd blind item is the same one that has been floating around (Which I think it is), the keyword for it is 'Italian'..." And the Imagist commenters posited: "Armani retires. Pilati replaces him. Slimane to YSL. ?!?" This is all speculation, but Stefano Pilati's situation at Saint Laurent has been rumored to be tenuous.
Personally, I'd be totally happy with this scenario.

Anything that will get Pilati out of YSL is good by me, although even Armani has more sex appeal that what he seems capable of handling.

Gosh, when I read I felt it was Armani retiring and Pilati moving. I don't know who would replace Pilati there. I wish it could be Facchinetti, but as things in the past have gone, she'd only be there for about two season .....

but didn't armani say recently that he wanted his nephew to take over when he retires ?

Pilati would make sense at Armani, but on the subject of Lagerfeld, wouldn't it make sense if Elbaz left Lanvin for Chanel ? for me that would be fantastic!

Rumor of the day: YSL leaves Pilati

The fact that Stefano Pilati YSL and not a match made in heaven are, is known among industry insiders. Now the designer is to look for new challenges - and his successor are already in the wings.

Anyone who knows us knows how much we hate rumors and how incredibly reluctant to take up, we unconfirmed speculation. With so much to overcome, we present the news of the day: YSL Stefano Pilato should leave!

For over half a year of speculation already has one end of collaboration, recently gave the designers the rumors even new music, as he stayed away from this year's Metropolitan Opera Gala (usually a must for Pilati, YSL after all, is the host of the event). Reason for the differences between the designer and the legendary fashion house include disappointing sales of ready-to-wear collection. While Pilati accessories from the outset met with enthusiasm, many of his dresses and trouser suits are still dead stock.

Theory of various industry insiders: Pilati puts an end to YSL and Armani's successor! Chief designer at YSL to be the currently unemployed ex-Dior Homme Hedi Slimane Designer.

We keep you up to date
grazia-magazin

Oh this is going to be so good guys !!!!!!!!!!!
Cannot wait to see what will happen.

So Pilati is leaving YSL and Slimane will take over??? OMFG!!!! YES PLEASE! HEDI SLIMANE AT YSL! I hope he does menswear too!

aw, i feel like im the only one who liked steffano for ysl,
i wonder what direction he'll go in after ysl, if it turns out to be true

I am enjoying Pilati at YSL I think he should complete at least 10 years there,,, at least to keep the house image & direction stable!?

would love to see Hedi at YSL again someday,,, but I didn't get enough from Pilati yet,,,, & I need to go in Karl's diet before that happens!!

Omg, Heidi back at YSL and possibly doing his sleek menswear again? Fantastic! :woot: If his womens-wear is even half as good as his menswear was at YSL then we will have some exquisite collections ahead of us!

I may be one of few, but I love Pilati at YSL. Admittedly his recent collections haven't sent me into spasms but I love his different view on fashion.
Anyone replacing Giorgio Armani at Armani will make me happy.
I hope there is some truth behind these exciting rumours..

Unlike most other brands that are not designed by the original designer, I simply cannot imagine YSL without Pilati. I really love his works for YSL, and Pilati for YSL was always something I wanted to own and planned on owning when I get older.

but didn't armani say recently that he wanted his nephew to take over when he retires ?

Pilati would make sense at Armani, but on the subject of Lagerfeld, wouldn't it make sense if Elbaz left Lanvin for Chanel ? for me that would be fantastic!

no....if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->