Katoucha (former model and muse of YSL) found dead

BerlinRocks

Reaction score
.... I just heard that.....:blink::o:cry:

Nothing is sure yet.... But they found a body in the Seine that could be her....
It's really sad.....
She disappeared like one month ago.....

Disparition de Katoucha: un corps semblant correspondre au signalement retrouvé dans la Seine

AP | 28.02.2008 | 19:18
Un corps susceptible de correspondre au signalement de l'ex-mannequin vedette Katoucha, disparue depuis le 31 janvier, a été retrouvé jeudi vers 13h dans la Seine au niveau du pont du Garigliano, entre le XVe et le XVIe arrondissement de Paris, a-t-on appris de source policière.
C'est un passant qui a découvert vers 13h le corps, qui dérivait, et a téléphoné à la police. La Brigade fluviale a repêché le corps. "Nous pensons que c'est elle", indique-t-on de source policière. "Mais seul un élément scientifique comme les empreintes digitales ou dentaires pourra permettre de l'identifier avec certitude". Une autopsie devrait être pratiquée vendredi.
Le cadavre portait des vêtements semblant correspondre à ceux que l'ancienne égérie du couturier Yves Saint Laurent, âgée de 47 ans, portait le soir de sa disparition.
La police judiciaire parisienne recherchait activement l'ancien mannequin depuis sa disparition mystérieuse le 31 janvier dernier. La Brigade de répression de la délinquance aux personnes (BRDP), qui agissait dans le cadre d'une enquête pour "disparition inquiétante", avait été saisie par le parquet de Paris.
L'ancienne top model avait disparu dans la soirée du 31 janvier après être rentrée à son domicile, une péniche amarrée près du Pont Alexandre III. Son sac à main avait été retrouvé sur le bateau. Les enquêteurs n'avaient alors pas exclu une chute accidentelle.
Egérie du couturier Yves Saint Laurent dans les années 80, Katoucha a été l'un des premiers mannequins noirs à défiler régulièrement à Paris, avant de devenir une star des podiums à l'international.
Mais c'est plus tard, par ses nombreuses actions caritatives en faveur des enfants d'Afrique notamment qu'elle s'est surtout fait connaître du grand public. Elle a récemment publié une autobiographie, "Dans ma chair" (Michel Lafon), dans lequel elle révélait l'excision qu'elle a subie en Guinée, son pays natal, à l'âge de neuf ans. AP
nouvelobs.com

rfi.fr

english text :

PARIS (Reuters) - A body found in the river Seine is believed to be that of former top model Katoucha who disappeared near her houseboat in Paris earlier this month, French police said on Thursday.

b

She had been missing since returning to the houseboat moored near the city centre after a party earlier this month.
"There are indications that it is indeed her, but we are awaiting the results of forensic tests before we can confirm it officially," a police spokesman said.
Katoucha, aged 47 and originally from Guinea, was one of the first black African models to become a global catwalk star in the 1980s. She modeled for designers including Yves Saint-Laurent and Christian Lacroix.
Born Katoucha Niane, she became a campaigner against genital mutilation, a procedure she underwent herself at the age of nine.
(Writing by James Mackenzie; editing by Andrew Dobbie)

So she's been missing a month. I wonder if foul play is involved or could she have drowned? Either way, thats so sad. She's beautiful. :cry:

I've never heard of her...I guess this is a bigger story in Paris though.

there was a special on her the other day on french tv.
everybody said she s most likely been kidnapped and perhaps killed.
she had many dead threats before and no way she drowned since she s a good swimer.
it s so sad though. i hope it s not really her

there was a special on her the other day on french tv.
everybody said she s most likely been kidnapped and perhaps killed.
she had many dead threats before and no way she drowned since she s a good swimer.
it s so sad though. i hope it s not really her

Why were there death threats against her?

So sad.

katoucha was going around in her home country trying to convince women to stop doing it. but she said she was having problems since a lot of those women get their money to live from performing that horrible procedure.
so she started getting serious death threats when her book was published

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awekgak
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->