Carine Roitfeld leaves Vogue Paris *Update* Emmanuelle Alt named new Editor-in-Chief

There was some discussion in this thread about Emmanuelle, not smiling in any picture with Carine, I found one :D

fashionvictimportugal

Well, what a way to welcome Emmanuelle from Karl. A little bit of encouragement much?

^^^ i have seen photos of WAGs and Real Housewives that have looked more refined.

QUESTION - If Carine leaves at the end of January can the new team change anything in the March issue after she's left or will it already be off at the printers by then?

^^ the first issue with Emmanuelle on top of the masthead will be April, if that answers your question... :flower:

^somehow I always like the march issue of vp, maybe because its my birthday month, so I'm glad carine's doing the last one then. It will certainly be a bit sad to buy carine's last issue - knowing that she will not be doing it again ever.

^^ the first issue with Emmanuelle on top of the masthead will be April, if that answers your question... :flower:

On the link tarsha just posted they say :

"French Vogue today is a successful magazine and it has a strong identity, so it will probably stay along the same lines' she explained. 'But, I mean, some things will change of course, because we have a different eye - It will be the same, but different!"
So there we have it. Perhaps, as the French would say, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, but we won't find out for sure until the August issue - the first to completely reflect her new direction.

August, people...they had planned a lot of things for the coming issues. But it is written completely so she'll be the editor in chief before August.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't impressed with the Telegraph interview. She didn't have anything to say - too early maybe? - about the new direction, if she had even thought about it.

Really hope the new editor gives a different inspiration for Vogue Paris....I disliked a lot about the style of Vogue in last times.

From the telegraph:
Alt has already revealed that the first cover under her leadership will star Gisele Bundchen

Funny, she also just happens to star in Isabel Marant's SS 11 campaign.

From the telegraph:

Funny, she also just happens to star in Isabel Marant's SS 11 campaign.

I don't want to make assumptions but... I think things don't need to be said out loud at this point. :innocent:

Anyways, I'm glad Gisele is getting another VP cover.

according to hintmag.com gisele will be wearing head-to-toe balenciaga on the cover...

Looks like the things between those two got better, from being blacklisted to putting Balenciaga's S/S 11 face on the cover in a head-to-toe look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->