Carine Roitfeld leaves Vogue Paris *Update* Emmanuelle Alt named new Editor-in-Chief

So with Alt as EIC it would mean we're gonna find some Balenciaga between Balmain and Marant now, I guess.

Actually I wonder, will Balenciaga now re-establish their relationship with VP, now that Carine is gone? And I wonder if Carine will remain an advisor for Max Mara.

“Too many lights on the Christmas tree, you can’t see the tree anymore,” is how Mr. Baron described the effect of the Tom Ford noel issue.

:lol: That is really a good description of that particular issue. It was just too much.

I def think Alt is a transition now, especially with that bit about the expanding to more areas.. i think she's a transition while they find someone like Stefano Tonchi to edit the mag when they finish revamping it.

I hope this new position, for Emmanuelle, is right for inspire herself and channel her potential.

I'm not surprised. I think there's a danger for Vogue Paris to become very dull.

it was soooo obvious and I m very happy for Alt.
someone else would ve been ahuge disapointment

Emmanuelle Alt as Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Paris is the very worst thing I expected to happen.. Well, this became true, finally. I am soooo negative about it, but there's one good thing: I will save tons of money that would cost on buying the magazine.
UGHHHHH :sick:

Alt bores me with her personal dress, all biker chic. I'll miss Carine's personal hits and misses.

how am I just now hearing about Alt! I'm so disappointed, but I think MulletProof is right in saying this:

Aw man. :lol:

I kind of saw it coming though.. I think that it would've been somewhat humiliating not to give the position to Alt, whose popularity, buzz and influence have increased dramatically in the last years. But I think it's the kind of title meant to last for a very short time, from months to a handful (2-3) years.. just to reduce the impact of Carine's departure, both in the business environment and also in the magazine.. I think the people at CN must be fully aware of Alt's clear inferiority as a EIC (in comparison to Carine and probably the other people at other editions of Vogue).

I honestly think she's there for the moment until they can find someone better. honestly, if you think about many of the reasons why Carine was supposedly fired for - Emmanuelle does all the same things!

I also find Alt a bit narrow minded when it comes to her aesthetic. It worries me, but I want to give her a chance. I shall jugde her as EIC after the summer or so.

^March issue
WWd says April will be first Alt issue, but Horyn says otherwise:

“I think it’s time to do something different,” Ms. Roitfeld said by phone from Paris. She will leave at the end of January, after completing the April issue.

nytimes.com

^^ well, Horyn interviewed Carine right after the announcement, and WWD's news are fairly new. Perhaps it was still unclear when Carine was asked about it.

It also makes sense that she is leaving 2 whole months before, as the issues normally take (very vaguely) one month to put together, and almost one month to print, distribute and get to the stands in the middle of the previous month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saucednoods
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->