Carine Roitfeld leaves Vogue Paris *Update* Emmanuelle Alt named new Editor-in-Chief

seems like the head-to-toe balenciaga rumours weren't true...

A French Vogue First
DOLLY JONES | 20 February 2011

HOW do you choose who to put on your first Vogue cover as editor? "For me it was just a spontaneous decision," new French editor Emmanuelle Alt told us today, confirming rumours that Gisele will be her first cover star. "There was no question."
Alt's first issue will arrive on newsstands in early March - the April issue. "She's wearing Dolce & Gabbana and we got Ines and Vinoodh to shoot it in St Barts," she added. "I hope you like it."
In London for her first ever Fashion Week having arrived in time for the Acne show this morning, Alt says she loves London and she's really excited about her schedule this week. "I'm really looking forward to Burberry and Christopher Kane tomorrow," she said. "In fact tomorrow is huge - I'm also seeing Mark Fast, Paul Smith, Erdem, it's all very good tomorrow."
Is the new talent in Paris as fruitful as in London? "I think sometimes it feels more exotic to see new talent from elsewhere," she said. "But I'm very keen to support new talent in Paris as part of my job. It's a big priority."
Wearing Balmain today, she added that the London shows seem more laid back than at home. "It's very relaxed, people seem to sit where they like," she said. "In Paris it's somehow more strict."
vogue.co.uk

gisele in dolce & gabbana by inez and vinoodh in st barts? sounds as predictable as it gets, even if it's not isabel marant... i do hope it will be a nice cover though, i don't like alt's recent work but it's not like i'm hoping it all will be as unimaginative as i think it will...

Priceless.

1_Carine_Roitfeld_Emmanuelle_Alt_Vogue_Paris_Pierre_Alban_Hue_de_Fontenay.jpg

fashion-spider.com

hahaha yes priceless!! what a great shot i can't believe we haven't seen it until now :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->