Katy Perry

lizbabe09

Reaction score
credit: billboard
katy-perry-2017-wango-tango-bts-billboard-1548.jpg

Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson (born October 25, 1984), known professionally as Katy Perry, is an American singer, songwriter, and television judge. After singing in church during her childhood, she pursued a career in gospel music as a teenager. Perry signed with Red Hill Records and released her debut studio album Katy Hudson under her birth name in 2001, which was commercially unsuccessful. She moved to Los Angeles the following year to venture into secular music after Red Hill ceased operations and she subsequently began working with producers Glen Ballard, Dr. Luke, and Max Martin. After adopting the stage name Katy Perry and being dropped by The Island Def Jam Music Group and Columbia Records, she signed a recording contract with Capitol Records in April 2007.

Perry rose to fame in 2008 with the release of her second album, a pop-rock record titled One of the Boys, and its singles "I Kissed a Girl" and "Hot n Cold". The former track also sparked controversy for its sapphic themes. Her third album, Teenage Dream (2010), ventured into disco and was her first album to top the U.S. Billboard 200. It topped the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 with the singles "California Gurls", "Teenage Dream", "Firework", "E.T.", and "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)", while "The One That Got Away" reached number three on the chart. The album became the first by a female artist to produce five number-one songs in the U.S., and the second overall after Michael Jackson's album Bad. In March 2012, she re-issued the album as Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, which produced the songs "Part of Me" and "Wide Awake". Her fourth album, Prism (2013), was her second to peak atop the U.S. charts. It is influenced by pop and dance, and she became the first artist with multiple videos to reach one billion views on Vevo with the videos for its songs "Roar" and "Dark Horse". Her fifth album, Witness (2017), delved into electropop and became her third album to reach number one in the U.S. "Chained to the Rhythm" was the most successful single from that album, breaking Spotify's record for most first-day streams for a song by a female artist.

Perry has received various awards, including four Guinness World Records, five American Music Awards, a Brit Award, and a Juno Award, and has been included in the annual Forbes lists of highest-earning women in music from 2011–2018. Her estimated net worth as of 2016 is $125 million. She is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold more than 40 million albums and over 100 million records globally throughout her career. In the film industry, she released an autobiographical documentary titled Katy Perry: Part of Me in 2012 and voiced Smurfette in the 2011 film The Smurfs and its sequel in 2013. Perry also began serving as a judge on American Idol in 2018.

Moderator's note:

• In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
• Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
• Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
• Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
• Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
• To view old thread, click here.

Thank you.

Katy Perry Launch of Purr by Katy Perry for Nordstrom Pop-Up NYC Event November 16, 2010

tlfan

Last edited by a moderator:
^WOW!!!!! She looks so stunning there. That colour purple looks so good on her.

Purple was my favourite colour when i had black hair.. it just sets off any shade. she looks great

^She does the purple dress is striking and sexy and love the necklace:flower:

Katy Perry arrives at the 2010 American Music Awards held at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on November 21, 2010 in Los Angeles, California.

zimbio

Such a bombshell at the Amas, she looks gorgeous and i love the dress:heart:

It's possible I was not paying attention but did they ever release any wedding photos? :heart:

Just wanted to come here to commend her for looking so pretty at the AMAs. She's a pretty girl and I don't understand why she insists on wearing those gaudy looks in tacky bright colors. But she did good on Sunday.

Katy Perry Rolling Stone 2010 American Music Awards VIP After Party November 21, 2010

tlfan

Katy Perry performs on the The Grammy Nominations Concert Live Countdown To Music's Biggest Night, at Club Nokia in LA - 30/11/10

foro famouspeople

Katy Perry @ GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live in LA - 30/11/10

foro famouspeople

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->