Kings of Leon

lf55877b21bc44d149b4682.jpg

via lily's thread

Mick Jagger praising KOL and dissing Oasis. :heart:

Mick Jagger has criticised Oasis for not always connecting with their audience at gigs.

The Rolling Stones legend - famous for his enthusiastic dancing when on stage - told the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Absolute Radio he felt Oasis were known for not moving on stage, but they needed to connect with the crowd in other ways.

Jagger said: "Well that's what they do, they don't move - that doesn't mean to say they don't connect - they do connect sometimes, sometimes they're not always good ways."

He went on: "What was that famous story when they were in New York and they didn't think the New York audience was loud enough, and they said something like 'You're rubbish' or something, 'New York, you're a load of c**p' or something like that - which is not what you do anywhere really, especially in New York."

The 66-year-old singer was full of praise for the Kings Of Leon, who he said he felt had learned to connect well with their audience when on stage.

Jagger said: "The Kings Of Leon at the beginning, they didn't really do that successfully, but everyone has to do it in the end because otherwise it becomes kind of embarrassing, being in a room when you're not really connecting.

"But now they play arenas and they're really good and they're much more forthcoming. They still have their shy moments, but they seem to have cut down."
Belfast Telegraph

Opening acts for this summer's tour
More than a month after announcing their North American tour, Kings of Leon have revealed that The Black Keys, Built to Spill, The Features, The Stills and The Whigs will take turns providing opening support on the outing.
livedaily

I'd kill to see any of these opening acts:woot:

This thread needs some action :P

Here are a few from various events that haven't been posted...

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

daylife.com

I miss Jared's hair :(

And the latest from Nathan's Twitter, with producer Angelo...

99048703.jpg

twitter.com/doctorfollowill

No, I like Jared's short hair now. Even though he looks a bit like the frontman from Vampire Weekend. The long hair during the Grammy's made me think he looked like a butch. :lol:

so they are working on the next albulm...going by nathans twitter updates ahaha

Nathan was at the Bonnaroo press conference (I can't find a photo?) and described some tracks on the album as having a 'beachy' feel and a Youth and Young Manhood feel! Can't wait :smile:

Nathan was at the Bonnaroo press conference (I can't find a photo?) and described some tracks on the album as having a 'beachy' feel and a Youth and Young Manhood feel! Can't wait :smile:

Oh, I hope what he said is true! :woot: Thanks for passing on the news. :flower:

Can't wait till their new album is released. These boys are truly talented; their live shows are amazing.

from triplej.com.au

New Kings of Leon album will sound "beachy"

Nathan Followill has revealed Kings of Leon's upcoming record will sound "beach-y and a little more like the Youth and Young Manhood days."The drummer claimed the band had expected their first recording sessions in New York to yield a darker album, but they ended up making a fun record anyway.He told American magazine Spin, "The new stuff is all over the place. There's stuff that sounds like Radiohead. There's stuff that sounds like Thin Lizzy. There's stuff that sounds like The Band. We're pretty much to the point now where [we can] try stuff we would've been scared to death to try on the first couple of records."The follow-up to Only By The Night is expected to be released later this year.

Apparently they play 4 new songs on the new tour :woot: You can listen to them here, though in very crappy quality. They sound amazing. Can't wait to see them in Hyde Park ^_^

Apparently they play 4 new songs on the new tour :woot: You can listen to them here, though in very crappy quality. They sound amazing. Can't wait to see them in Hyde Park ^_^

I can't decide whether I want to sneak a listen or just wait, because frankly, if I end up loving the songs then I'll just be incredibly impatient waiting for them to come out on their album, so I can download them, and listen to them on repeat 928930938 times. :P

i heard there new songs and they are soo good i'm so excited about the new album
here the boys playing @ atlantic city

spin

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->