Jil Sander Mens F/W 10.11 Milan

Oooh, this is fab... definitely going to be all over the GQs, Esquire, Arena Hommes, etc, etc. Wonderful shapes. And yay for Robbie opening- his career is skyrocketing!

It's perfection. I'm dying for those coats' cuts. It all fits so well!

i do like the suit jackets but that's all. the rest is not as good as last season :(

^Totally, plus the bags are to die for, I want all of them. And I'm really warming my feeling towards the hairstyle, actually ^_^

I like this a lot better than the current spring collection, but that wouldn't take much. It seems like they are sticking with the LUXURY LUXURY direction that really began during f/w 09. Lots and lots of cashmere blends and such. They've even started using ties on the runway again. And a variety of collars for the shirts. Maybe to push the made to measure shirting. They haven't shown many of sportier/downcoat sort of pieces in a while, so maybe this is an effort to showcase the entire potential collection rather than just the runway concepts that really dominated the previous two spring collection (less so with winter 09). Strange hair though. Not very flattering.

I like what he's done to switch up the shoes again, but that's to be expected. A nice big heel and possibly some washed leather.

Look 20 is possibly my favorite overall. It does everything right. You have the sweater with the neckline that takes the key shape of the season into account without being gimmicky. You also have the pants in a great fabric with the patch pockets, again showcasing the shape very subtly. Compare this with the buttondown shirt with a gimmicky sewn on pocket and too big collar and there is no comparison. The white knit in look 8 is also exceptional. Far better than the cable knit in 3, which is just old Raf.

The initial suits are pretty bad. Too much pasted on. The patchwork MAY work on the blue in look 26, but I think it is at its most impressive just after in the grey coat in look 27. This is the outstanding outerwear piece of the collection. The overcoat in 31 works too, but it isn't nearly as exceptional. Look 9 isn't bad either.

I like it... especially the cuts and the reform of the ordinary clothing...

This is my first season here, so I have a question: when and where do the names of the models who did the show (in order) appear? Thanks :smile:

Backtawker, put the source of the pics, or else they will be deleted! :smile:

Edit: I spoke too soon :blush:

^ haha i don't post often but i know the rules. thanks for looking out though

Same ol same ol. Reminds me of his own line's Fall 2009 collection a bit.

The sweater in post 1 is not pretty but the rest is exceptional. I am drooling over the outerwear!

Not his most interesting or dynamic collection, but appealing nonetheless. For me, its the most futuristic collection Raf has ever done. The details on the jackets seem very Star Trek to me, as do the rounded pockets.

Besides, this is very, very commerical. It isn't overly youthful and it is wearable. Perfect for the Jil Sander customer, don't you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->