Lauren Santo Domingo (September 2008 - August 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blog_01.jpg

lane crawford

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the blue&red outfit.

The boots article is pathetic. I know fashion is important, but to the point where it rules a person's life? They don't have anything better than to spend time and $$$ to re-create a boot b/c they weren't able to get first dibs on it?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's pathetic per se, I mean, it's nice that she has the knowledge/idea to just create her own. My problem is with the article itself. I hate when people write "You MUST have their number if you live in NYC". It's so cliched. I also think looking at her outfit at that angle, I'm inclined to agree with previous posters that it verges on some sort of Eastern European call girl look. I understand that to show off the garter belt straps you want a short skirt. But the fur jacket is too much.

It seems like she is trying really, really hard to be edgy. It just doesn't work for her aura, her spirit. The rest of her seems very WASPy, very traditional. She would look lovely in Carolina Herrera and Oscar de la Renta. Forget the vintage t-shirts, they are just not her.

I don't think it's pathetic per se, I mean, it's nice that she has the knowledge/idea to just create her own.

To spend THAT much time on creating a pair of boots? Can't she just wait until she gets off the waiting list?

It seems like she is trying really, really hard to be edgy. It just doesn't work for her aura, her spirit. The rest of her seems very WASPy, very traditional. She would look lovely in Carolina Herrera and Oscar de la Renta. Forget the vintage t-shirts, they are just not her.

It does feel like she's trying to cash in the whole current trend for the French Vogue girls. I mean in that, it feels like she's trying to be like some sort of online street style minor celebrity :unsure:

^
I agree. I think her style looks best when she mixes "edgy" (using that term loosely) with more waspy items. Like when she wears interesting shoes with a more polished look. I don't think she spent that much time on the shoes to be honest. If anything, one of her assistants probably did it :P

her style really suited her before- moneyed cocktail.

this new "edgy" look is far too contrived, and makes her look so try-hard.

She is trying so hard that it's painful to watch :sick: The whole outfit in #137 is ridiculous. She looks like a character out of the movie Dazed & Confused, and... not to be a b*tch, but she is too old to even attempt to pull something like that off.

Last fashion season I felt like she hit a better balance between staying true to her more classic style while incorporating some trendier items, this season she's just become a joke. I agree with whoever said she must be trying to keep up with the French Vogue girls.

^agree with you... but French Vogue girls (apart from their age) kinda fit in their looks... in Lauren is too faked and forced!

Weirs & tacky outfit:(

I'm disappointed
She seems loosing her chic

i don't know what happened to her. she used to be so stylish that she was once a muse of mine. she made a wrong turn somewhere

i think she is lost right now - she went ( well want to do that ) from socialite to runway-first sit-girl. She never had her own strong style so now with all those influences she try to be trendy. She wears those balenciaga pants and jackets, lots of furs and leather, some leggins, simple but deconstructive tops. Like she is walking "what's in right now" but i feel like she is not very comfortable with that. It looks like she not feeling that really.

i think she is lost right now - she went ( well want to do that ) from socialite to runway-first sit-girl. She never had her own strong style so now with all those influences she try to be trendy. She wears those balenciaga pants and jackets, lots of furs and leather, some leggins, simple but deconstructive tops. Like she is walking "what's in right now" but i feel like she is not very comfortable with that. It looks like she not feeling that really.

Interesting point

gosh i am always amazed how awful paps can be - all those screams : mila mila mila mila here , mila there , say something , look here , look there , front , back , on and on !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->