Lea Tisci (T)

Btw her surname is not Taleb. I spoke to her... you shuld change the name of the thread to Lea T again.

Sansovino 6 S/S 2010

sansovino6.it

gif from S/S 2011

241p4qa.jpg

made by me from marceloburlonblog.com

^ Gorgeous, I love these!!! So beautiful in the gif, lovely smile and hair ^_^

Lurve F/W 10.11 : Lea T by Carlotta Manaigo

models

Hercules F/W 10.11
Photo: Giampaolo Sgura
Style: Miguel Arnau
Models: Lea T,Bruno di Angelis,Caio Cesar, Erasmo Viana,Lucas Mascarini,João Mahl,Ricardo dal Moro

rockmyblog.com

She is now with Way Model here in Brazil :clap:

waymodel.com.br

i wish you guys would stop saying "He/She"
just say SHE OR HER
he transitioned to a woman so you refer to Lea as a Woman

Was going to say the exact same thing. I think it's a bit degrading to refer to her as 'He/She' no matter what your intentions were. She is a woman! A very beautiful one at that.

Was going to say the exact same thing. I think it's a bit degrading to refer to her as 'He/She' no matter what your intentions were. She is a woman! A very beautiful one at that.

TRUE!

I'm also sick of reading "transengender model". Now she's a woman, a model, not a transgender model. I'm sure it must be difficult for her to read on a magazine " meet the transgender model Lea T" instead of "meet the beautiful model Lea T".

Be realistic! That is the only reason why everybody is interested

The fact of the matter is that she is a transgendered model and that is still unusual for a high fashion model, so a lot of people are interested in her career for that reason. I just hope that doesn't turn out to be the only aspect people are interested in, as she is obviously an amazing model altogether and deserves to succeed on her own merit and not on the "novelty" aspect that some might feel she brings.

She is such a brave and gorgeous girl :heart:

I think that throught time it will become normal, and people will forget that she is transexual. I mean, for me it's normal even now. But it's true that this is something that launched her in the spotlight of attention.

Wow, I didn't realize she's so amazing in print! I love her shots so much, the Hercules ones are just stunning.

Banana Republic Opening store in Milan (December 1st, 2010)

Lea & Marcelo Burlon
lea-t-marcello-burlon-980803_0x745.jpg

vogue.it

An excerp from a transsexuals article (via nytimes.com)

Moonlighting fashionistas dabbling in cross-dressing have surely helped advance the transsexual image, but the real strides in 2010 were made by actual transsexuals and those who define themselves on a spectrum of gender rather than simply male or female. The clearest call to arms was the arrival of the transsexual model Lea T.

For Givenchy’s fall advertising campaign, Ms. T. was photographed by Mert and Marcus in a feathery blouson. When the ad was released in May, it set off a press frenzy, with Ms. T.’s modeling agency, Women, receiving more than 400 interview requests.

Ms. T., 28, has been a friend of the Givenchy creative director Riccardo Tisci, since she was 17. (The “T” stands for Tisci; he unofficially adopted her into his family.) She worked for the fashion house in various positions and as a fit model. It was Mr. Tisci’s idea to have her in the campaign.

“He saw that my transitioning process was hard, how prejudiced people are and how I was suffering,” Ms. T. said. “He wanted to make me happy to have a nice picture of me.”

Ms. T. wasn’t outed by the news media. In fact, it was a condition of her agreeing to do the ad that Mr. Tisci mention in interviews that she was transgender.

“When you are a transsexual, you look for your future, and you can’t see it,” Ms. T. said. “I thought this would be a nice message for another tranny: ‘Look, we can be the same as other girls and boys.’ It’s small, but it makes you feel like you have a little chance. Maybe a transsexual will open a magazine and think: ‘That’s cool. We can be whatever we want.’ That’s why I did the Givenchy campaign.”

Since the Givenchy ad, Ms. T. has become a popular editorial model, appearing twice in Vogue Paris. In 2011, she will be a guest on Oprah Winfrey’s show in its final season.

Born in Brazil to a soccer player father and a religious Catholic mother, Ms. T. was raised in Milan, to which she has returned to await her sexual reassignment surgery. She knows it won’t be a magic cure-all. “This is something you are going to keep for your life,” she said. “I will always feel uncomfortable, but it will make my life a little easier, and I will look in the mirror and see something I like more.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->