Leather Jacket...

Reaction score
Lve love LOVE this look that Ashley Olsen is sporting. Have done similar myself, but rarely wear light sweatshirts. What I wonder is what brand do you suggest for the jacket (keeping it within the $150-250 range). The only leather jacket I own is far too fitted to fit a sweatshirt under comfortably. I suppose I need something slightly boxier... or should i get something only slightly fitted and perhaps size up in order to wear the sweatshirt underneath comfortably. If I do this, do you still think the jacket will fit nicely without the sweatshirt?

Any suggestions appreciated!

Here's where it's posted:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=857&page=45&pp=25
Post 1108

Emi

you should check out bluefly and overstock..
i dont know if they have that specific design that you are looking for, but they do carry tons of leather jackets... i believe they fall within your price range too.

dont size up on the jacket.. buy a fitted jacket (but obviously something thats not skin tight) and try to find a smaller/thinner sweatshirt.

the fit of the sweatshirt should be similar to the ones from a&f and ae, sans the fake vintage graphics.

buying a hooded l/s tee instead of the sweatshirt would be a good idea too. you can try american apparel.

cloud9 said:
you should check out bluefly and overstock..
i dont know if they have that specific design that you are looking for, but they do carry tons of leather jackets... i believe they fall within your price range too.

dont size up on the jacket.. buy a fitted jacket (but obviously something thats not skin tight) and try to find a smaller/thinner sweatshirt.

the fit of the sweatshirt should be similar to the ones from a&f and ae, sans the fake vintage graphics.

buying a hooded l/s tee instead of the sweatshirt would be a good idea too. you can try american apparel.

Thanks. You're prolly right about not sizing up the jacket...that could just look awkward. It's hard enough to find ANY jacket long enough in the arms and yet still being fitted.

...I actually tried a sweatshirt under my scooter jacket. It was just a plain Hanes man's small...it worked alright, because they are thin and have a nice long length...now I just need the perfect jacket!

Emi

hey you know theres been a rise on celebrities wearing leather jackets. and so with models. its some strange fad that s starting....

I love leather jackets. I'm especially nuts about mike & chris. It is funny that they're on the rise now, though. I'd been wanting one for several months and just recently got one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myegotakesover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->