Lily Aldridge Marries Caleb Followill / Jared Followill engaged to Martha Patterson

she looks so so pretty and super happy!
congarts to them.

Originally posted by anisla

the hair down and the veil???:shock: that's too sloppy , it's a wedding Lily!
I find the dress unimpressive, it's pretty banal IMO.

so, bride allways have to put hair up?
I find it refreshing that she looked natural and that her hair was down.
that is so Lily, the way she clearly feels most comfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if she's gonna look back on this pic in 40 years and think "Yep, I nailed it"? The hair is so sloppy and yellow-toned. But I've actually never seen her with her hair up, maybe this is just what suits her best. I just wish her hair wasn't so...yellow. Looks like a DIY hair colour session gone wrong :lol:

You took my thoughts :P

The looks better on every VS event than on her own weeding ... !

Caleb Followill and Lily Aldridge's Wedding: Juicy New Details!

Credit: Credit: Joe Buissink

Saturday – May 14, 2011 – 12:54pm

It was a ceremony fit for a King and a Queen.

When Kings of Leon rocker Caleb Followill wed Victoria's Secret supermodel Lily Aldridge at San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, Calif. on Thursday, the couple were joined by Caleb's bandmates and brothers, Nathan and Jared Followill, as well as his cousin, Matthew Followill.

STORY: 5 Things You Don't Know About Lily Aldridge

Hours before the intimate ceremony began, Caleb, 29, and Aldridge, 25, enjoyed a family breakfast on the patio overlooking the garden. "Caleb and Lily had coffee and pastries and everyone sat around chatting," a source tells Us Weekly. "There was a relaxed vibe and everyone took their time eating and taking in the nice weather."

PHOTOS: Love lives of supermodels

Once the meal was over, Aldridge and a girlfriend left to begin prepping for the 5:30 p.m. ceremony; Caleb and his family stayed behind, where they tanned by the pool, drank champagne and played horse shoes. "Caleb seemed very relaxed and not nervous at all," the insider notes.

PHOTOS: Stars' personal wedding picss

Aldridge, who wore a custom-made Vera Wang gown, and Caleb, who looked dapper in a Gucci suit, "said their vows underneath a big tree with twinkle lights" just before sunset. "Lily cried throughout the whole thing," a second source tells Us. Once the ceremony was over, the couple and their guests had dinner in front of a big stone fireplace, the source adds.

"It was a perfect day," Caleb told Us on Friday.

PHOTOS: The sexiest Victoria's Secret models EVER

The couple spent their first night as newlyweds in the Lilac Cottage, a one bedroom cabin featuring a king bed, a masonry fireplace, heated bathroom floors and an outdoor sunken hot tub and rain shower. The price? $1,200 a night.

The following morning, "Caleb and Lily met with their family again for a big relaxed brunch," the source says. "Everyone sat outside for hours chit chatting and talking about the night."
http://www.usmagazine.com/stylebeau...y-aldridges-wedding-juicy-new-details-2011145

That all sounds so corny and uninteresting, actually :lol: But I'm happy they enjoyed their big day.

And I don't really understand the criticism about Lily's look at the wedding. She looks better with little make up and her hair down anyway, so why go for a look that she doesn't feel is her? Love that they stayed true to themselves, Lily with her styling, Caleb with his boots. It looks like they got the wedding that they wanted - small, intimate, low-key :smile:

Aww, love what the wedding photographer has to say about Lily & Caleb:

Joe Buissink
Another intimate wedding this past Thursday. Thanks Caleb. Thanks Lily. I love you guys!!! And this.... shot with a fever :smile:

[...]

caleb was very easy to shoot. wonderful guy. down to earth and humble, with a great sense of humor. lily.... welllll.... having a victoria secret's top model in front of you as a bride doesn't hurt :smile:

[..]

And yes.... it was Caleb from Kings of Leon, and Lily who's one of Victoria Secret's hottest model. I was in heaven!! So easy to shoot, even with a fever :smile: Made me forget about being sick and not being in the right time zone :smile:)
Facebook Joe Buissink

And I don't really understand the criticism about Lily's look at the wedding. She looks better with little make up and her hair down anyway, so why go for a look that she doesn't feel is her? Love that they stayed true to themselves, Lily with her styling, Caleb with his boots. It looks like they got the wedding that they wanted - small, intimate, low-key :smile:

Amen!

And actually, I kind of really like her hair color on the picture we got from the wedding. IMO, it looks more natural than usual.

Again, it feels so good to see them that happy! I can't get over it. ^_^

i love her make up and hair! i like loose hair and wish i would have done it myself! the dress is pretty maybe not my most favorite i have ever seen. i have to agree about the veil. it looks like those typical david's bridal veils. i pictured her with something more exotic, simple down low. did not think she'd wear vera wang. but they are stunningly beautiful and could wear paper bags and i'd be excited to see the pic. gorgeous. caleb looks perfect.

Looks like the big party with all the celebrity guests was yesterday.

harleyvnewton Harley Viera-Newton
Toasty @erinheatherton @jaredseligman @carlosncharge http://
yfrog.com/h2s8mrij
6 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

s8mri.jpg

ErinHeatherton Erin Heatherton
Wooo! Congrats Lily!!!!!!! http://yfrog.com/gzovhzuj
7 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

ovhzu.jpg

twitter.com/harleyvnewton, twitter.com/ErinHeatherton

Wow,I didn't expect to see Ale there. Who else of VS girls where there? There were rumors that Rosie and Jaeson will attend the wedding, too. Congrats to Lily and Caleb they're a great pair!

Lily looks beautiful and happy!!!
Everyone has different taste and harsh opinions on wedding style, but in my experience the happiness of the day sweeps you up and what you look like is the last thing on your mind!

Such a lovely wedding photo!

Personally, I don't like the idea of a separate post-wedding party. Especially in this case - it's not like they were trying to cut down on costs.

I feel like they had the bigger separate post-wedding party because caleb doesn't really like big ordeals... I remember someone tweeted about seeing Caleb+Lily on the red carpet at the met and Jared replied laughing because he knew how uncomfortable Caleb was.

So if that sort of attention makes Caleb uncomfortable why have a ton of people you're not close with on your special wedding day, you know...?

I agree with you bluebellmorning. Also, I really think this was the better way for them to enjoy every moment. First the very intimate ceremony, and then the big party. It would have been probably overwhelming if the whole thing would have happened the same day...

And I like the idea of making happy moments last longer :smile: Hope we'll get more pictures!
Any from Lily on the post-wedding party?

She looks cute, just because she's beautiful, but really nothing special. I guess she's dressed exactly how I imaged her to be dressed.
Caleb looks yummy.

Sounds like everyone had fun.
Caleb & Lil threw an amazing party. There was dancing on the ceiling.
twitter.com/colemantime
Good morning. Had the party of the year last night with my bro and new sis in law. 5-0 at corn hole and 1-0 versus hangover. I win, again
twitter.com/doctorfollowill

Lily's always smiling and Caleb do it rarely. Strange. He always looks unhappy.

^ Perhaps he should add more roughage to his diet. :P

Photos & Details from the big Party in Malibu on Saturday, 14 May

wedding.jpg

See: Popsugar for pics and info

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back