Balenciaga F/W 11.12 by Steven Meisel

Juliane, Nobis, Carla and Milou in the first shot. Should be two more for this including Liisa who was mentioned above.

That said, I agree completely with Ives in so much that I wasn't a huge fan of the collection (rather ambivalent, I suppose) when I first saw it, but everything here is changing my mind. The three-quarter shots really give the clothes the proper dimensionality to appreciate their shape and construction.

I love love love the casting! Also,the contrast between the two locations really works well.

For me this is the best campaign that Meisel has shot for Balenciaga. There was always something a little off centre about his other Balenciaga campaigns. Fall 2010 was a disaster with that seriously confusing location / set design. Spring 2011 was utterly disappointing and bordering on farcical. This campaign however seems to be hitting the nail on the head. I think all the elements combined just work. Pure and simple.

I don't remember this collection from fashion week:ninja: But the shot where it looks like it was done in a public bathroom is brilliant, I guess I'm not finally able to connect with the clothes.

Juliane, Nobis, Carla and Milou in the first shot. Should be two more for this including Liisa who was mentioned above.

That said, I agree completely with Ives in so much that I wasn't a huge fan of the collection (rather ambivalent, I suppose) when I first saw it, but everything here is changing my mind. The three-quarter shots really give the clothes the proper dimensionality to appreciate their shape and construction.

thats not Milou. That's Lisa

The first set looks like Hogwarts and second a bathroom. I don't get it.

i'm not into this brand anymore :( the last campaign was better but the collection i didn't like at all so i guess it's to be expected

It looks good so far. Love both settings. I like that the tile pattern appears in both settings. It's a great cast. Excited to see a veteran like Liisa.

I agree with those who have called this Meisel's best for the house. And while I don't love the shot in the church, the bathroom tile photograph is perfect.

^ IA. He's finally come through with the ad for the collection that I've been most impartial to. I love that Liisa Winkler and Carla Gerbhart are included and that they shot in a Harlem church; finally gives the collection some context. Great, so excited for me.

these images are breathtaking! the modern clothing juxtaposed with the classic architecture of the church makes for some wonderful pictures. Bravo Meisel!

I love it! The cast is great and I love the concept as well, it makes the clothes look gorgeous.-

I like it. Single shot is amazing, much better than the multi models one. Can't wait to see more.

I'm sorry, but if you're casted for a damn blue chip campaign, could you at least bother to look alive? That is my biggest issue with Meisel and his continuous use of new girls. Most of them are still so uncomfortable in front of the camera that they're nothing more than a lifeless, pretty face.

I'd rather just see Natasha, Freja, and Raquel dominate everything again. At least they don't like dull clones.

Totally agree with you. The setting is nice, the concept also. But come on, what's up with Meisel casting all these new models for every big campaign? Cheaper? Cause they look (most off them also in other campaigns he shot) kind a lifeless. But if he want that our eyes goes straight to the clothes, well then it worked. the facualexpressions are so boring, i don't bother to give them a second look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->