Louis Vuitton In Gym Class

Everyone has a right to to dispute which is better a real bag or a fake,, but it seems that this thread is not beneficial and as a teacher to young children many of the attitudes as "expensive is the way too go" or "fake is smarter and less materialistic" are both negative messages. Buy what you want. I just think this whole post has started by saying" Wow aren't those fake carrying girls Low self esteemed!" What is that..? but not mean and acting like the in crowd ....no offense but it is obvious.. but I own a real LV and Gucci and I dont care if you choose to carry a fake good for you but dont make fun of someone to raise your own self esteem because you can afford one....Its all conjecture and Its trivial ..start a thread about about handbags not the haves and have nots its so negative. agree to disagree but dont bash

Originally posted by Theone@Dec 30th, 2003 - 1:02 am
Everyone has a right to to dispute which is better a real bag or a fake,, but it seems that this thread is not beneficial and as a teacher to young children many of the attitudes as "expensive is the way too go" or "fake is smarter and less materialistic" are both negative messages. Buy what you want. I just think this whole post has started by saying" Wow aren't those fake carrying girls Low self esteemed!" What is that..? but not mean and acting like the in crowd ....no offense but it is obvious.. but I own a real LV and Gucci and I dont care if you choose to carry a fake good for youbut dont make fun of someone to raise your own self esteem because you can afford one ....Its all conjecture and Its trivial ..start a thread about about handbags not the haves and have nots its so negative. agree to disagree but dont bash
I don't own a real LV bag. All I was TRYING to show was that some people think that what they are wearing defines them. And the fact that they get so caught up in this high school-ness was funny. If I wanted to raise my self esteem I would have embarassed them in front of my phys. ed. class, but that just isn't neccessary. It isn't a BIG deal!

I don't mean to sound shallow or whatnot but people sometimes I don't think realize how tacky/ridiculous they look. I personally don't ridicule them for wearing knock offs but the ones who wear the horrible ones at time really tempt me. If theirs one thing I can't stand it's girls wearing GOACH. YES GOACH. :yuk:

Attachments

• grumpybear.gif
    grumpybear.gif
    195 bytes · Views: 24
Originally posted by AlmostFamous@Dec 31st, 2003 - 5:20 am
All I was TRYING to show was that some people think that what they are wearing defines them.
Well, it actually does in some ways... Seriously.

But flaunting designer logos, real or fake, is not a good way to get positive attention or appreciation.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Dec 8th, 2003 - 9:40 pm
it is personally my most gratifying hobby to break down the delusions of others who think they are bragging.
Mine too!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by LaLa45@Jan 4th, 2004 - 1:21 pm
I don't mean to sound shallow or whatnot but people sometimes I don't think realize how tacky/ridiculous they look. I personally don't ridicule them for wearing knock offs but the ones who wear the horrible ones at time really tempt me. If theirs one thing I can't stand it's girls wearing GOACH. YES GOACH. :yuk:
HAHAHAHAH!!!!! :rofl:

I see GOACH all the time!!
It makes me laugh harder than anything else. Not even FLendi makes me laugh harder than Goach..

I remember once, a friend of mine asked me:
"If Coach is the poor woman's Gucci, what is Goach?"

Oh, what can be said!?

Originally posted by brian+Jan 4th, 2004 - 3:42 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Jan 4th, 2004 - 3:42 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-LaLa45@Jan 4th, 2004 - 1:21 pm
HAHAHAHAH!!!!! :rofl:

I see GOACH all the time!!
It makes me laugh harder than anything else. Not even FLendi makes me laugh harder than Goach..

I remember once, a friend of mine asked me:
"If Coach is the poor woman's Gucci, what is Goach?"

Oh, what can be said!? [/b][/quote]
Goach!! That's the PERFECT name for it! hahahaha

wow you guys are horrible.... A bunch of stuck up snobs who have nothing better to do then talking about how ******** it is to have a fake Louie Vuitton purse. Wow seriously get a life. I just got a Louie Vuitton purse for Christmas... a Cherry Blossom Pochette, & it's real. but you don't see me sitting here talking about how I'm so much better then other people. Maybe some people can't afford real ones but want the designer look. You shoulden't judge people by what they wear or what type od designer (or fake designer) purse they have. You don't need to flaunt it around or brag just because you could afford a designer bag.seriously....GROW UP!!!! :angry:

Originally posted by MissBoricua@Jan 19th, 2004 - 12:42 am
wow you guys are horrible.... A bunch of stuck up snobs who have nothing better to do then talking about how ******** it is to have a fake Louie Vuitton purse. Wow seriously get a life. I just got a Louie Vuitton purse for Christmas... a Cherry Blossom Pochette, & it's real. but you don't see me sitting here talking about how I'm so much better then other people. Maybe some people can't afford real ones but want the designer look. You shoulden't judge people by what they wear or what type od designer (or fake designer) purse they have. You don't need to flaunt it around or brag just because you could afford a designer bag.seriously....GROW UP!!!! :angry:
well, I personally think that there's NO shame at all on people who are not rich or can't afford designer bags, but to me, it is shameful to buy fakes.
I mean, what's the big deal if you don't have the big bucks to go for big labels? there are always things out there that are nice and inexpensive. people wouldn't talk sh!t about you if you don't carry one $1000+ bag, but people do say certain things if you are displaying a too obvious fake.

Coach is the poor woman's Gucci? Maybe your friend should rethink his/her definition of "poor"...

Originally posted by MissBoricua@Jan 19th, 2004 - 12:42 am
You shoulden't judge people by what they wear or what type od designer (or fake designer) purse they have. You don't need to flaunt it around or brag just because you could afford a designer bag.seriously....GROW UP!!!! :angry:
HEY!!!!!!!!

I'm one of those people that cannot afford a real designer bag, that's why you don't see me carrying one.

A real one, OR a fake one.

You misread or misinterperated the point of my post, buddy. :innocent:

I personally would never carry fake bags. If I couldn't afford it, I won't buy a fake nor will I actually go to someone and borrow money from her to buy the real thing-- believe me there are people who actually have done that and its rather shameless.

Anyway, i live in Asia, and Here, it's like fake designers heaven where anything from LV to Chanel gets copied albeit poorly. I don't mock people who wear fakes (maybe except my mother in law who just brings too much attention to herself with her matching fake bag and shoes.. ughhh THAT is a pretty :sick: disgusting picture)

For Christmas, I've had relatives who aren't as privileged but have bought me fake LV wallets as their gifts, seein I never had LV stuff (I never really liked them THAT much). They bought the fake items as good intentions, thinking I couldn't afford to buy the brand, etc.

That to me, is the sweetest gesture. Though I will never use the bag, I still very much appreciated the gesture because they have really taken extra time to think about what I don't have in my closet, so that's what they bought.

Really, it's the thought that counts. And to say that expensive bags are like the "ticket to a whole ne world"--> that's pure baloney. It is not and will NEVER be in the price of the item you carry that make you a cut above the rest.

Thats why its called a LUXURY. It's a privilege to have a certain item that not many can afford, but just cause you have it, doesn't make you a better person, heck it does NOT make you a god.

If you think buying an expensive bag is going to get you somewhere... well then you need to seriously rethink your life. You probably lack self-esteem and getting that expensive bag, etc isn't gonna improve your personality.

Remember: buy things for YOURSELF. you dont buy an expensive bag because you want everyone to see the item and make them feel that you're oh-so-lucky to get it. Why care what others think... If you';re happy with it, then great! But dont gloat too much, people might mistake it for something else. After all, it IS just a bag!

I bought a Hermes birkin not because i want people to have a good impression of me. With or without the bag, it doesnt make a dfference. I got a kelly bag last year and i never even got to carry it out. I just like looking at it and it makes me happy. I didnt get the bag because of the prestige attached to it. Otherwise I woudlve used the bag everyday to show people i have the bag! That would be real silly... :rolleyes: :P :rolleyes:

Calm down people, my Bolex is worth more than all of your rubbishy bags...

Even if I could afford it, I would never have a Fendi or a Louis Vuitton or a Gucci or a Chanel bag, for the same reason that I won't wear a GAP tee-shirt that says "GAP" across the boobs. I will NOT ever pay to be somebody else's advertising. If you can look at me and pinpoint where I bought my jeans or coat or briefcase, then it is too obvious. Probably the only "label" you could identify on me would be my Dr. Martin's boots, and that would be because of the yellow stitching on the soles.

Another problem I see with the label-heavy bags, like the printed LV bags, or the Gucci bags with the big "G" buckles on the straps or the Chanel bags with the "CC" clasp on the front, and that is that toting one around is like wearing a huge sign flashing "I'm loaded mug me, PLEASE!" I have got to wonder how many women get held up or targeted because they are displaying extremely obvious and easily stolen expensive status symbols.

I would think it would be risky even carrying a decent fake, since the same message is being given, the "oh, look, I have a really posh, highly-sought-after luxury accessory."

i said before it is mean to make fun of people carrying fakes, and i also think it is silly to criticize those who carry authentic monograms... those people are not always trying to create a status symbol. I carry real monogram bags and i am not after a status symbol. I love the classic print. if you dont want to wear logos great but i don't think too far into it myself.... i just get and wear what i like and not worry that i should get commission for advertising...

I'm not a big fan of logos myself but I don't care if other people wear them. I've known a couple of people though that make a point of having the logo showing whenver they wear something and think they just look silly. As for the whole designer handbags = status symbol argument, I'm not going to digress any further because it is just annoying to be reminded of what a classist society we live in. :rolleyes:

Ingenue, that so sounds like something my relatives would do! Except they'd be browsing around chinatown and probably think that the fake LV wallet is cute and not even know what they're buying. I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me, I'd feel too guilty not using it if it was a gift. :angel:

Taylor those girls in your gym class are idiots for thinking designer anything matters so much in high school. You're not supposed to have an extra 700 to spend on an LV purse! Save it for post-secondary education or donate it to charity!! :smile: I think I'd rather wear a Children's Wish Foundation sticker (I've worked for them in the past, and have tons of those stickers back home B) ) than flashy loud Dior jeans :smile:

sadly, i think there are just a LOT of girls who don't realize their LV's are FAKE! I mean....to those who appreciate the authenticity, we can tell the difference right away, but I've seen girls at the kiosks in the mall thinking they're buying a genuinely AUTHENTIC LV all proud because they got such a "good price" for it!! It's AWFUL!!

My view on those with fakes are that I find it pretty sad when people think it is a really bag which mean they have been fooled by people. Or the story AlmostFamous posted - yeah I laugh but I still feel mostly sorry for her. (not AlmostFamous.. the girl with the fake)

I think it is a unethical to delibratly (sp?) buy fakes because "you want the brand". I don't like fakes because it is stealings someones design!

But some of those buying fakes are not into fashion and just like the bag.

Either way, you shouldn't brag about what you are wearing. When I see it happen I always feel uncomfortable - it is like "I got money so Im so much cooler than everyone elses!!!!!!" If you have confidence you know that your value is not in what brand you are wearing

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->