Louis Vuitton S/S 2021 Paris

There were some questionable pieces but as a whole I love it. I think it's one of the strongest collections of Nicolas' LV. It has a cool attitude and it's not as unnecessarily complicated as his previous shows and his obsession with the 80's is well toned down here.

There are individual pieces that I like, I wish he would try working with a different designer for once.

I'm on a fence with those boxy coats and jackets, seems like an afterthought to make the collection look trendy. Trendy in a way like every Balenciaga-typed hyped brand is doing. Nicolas, drop the 1980s finally, show your vision to 2080s!

Why does everything political need to revolve around American politics? There are other countries in the world, dear artists.
and say literally anything and watch yourself get put in one of the 2 boxes. Center of the universe complex has been exported well.

I think it's the 'it eventually affects us all' mentality, but, does it? American isolationism is the answer to many countries' prayers tbh.

Can't say I care for much of this but I'd have a happier autumn wearing this jacket/coat. :heart:

I just want Fabrizio Vitti out and Pierre Hardy in. The shoes have always been a big miss.
Considering that Hardy said that the only shoe designer he likes and look forward to (and vice versa) is Louboutin, I actually wonder what he thinks everytime he is at the show watching those shoes.

Pierre is really the best when it comes to interesting everyday shoes!

The shoes is a BIG NO for me but I do like some pieces , thank you Nicolas for the political theme opening quite a smart move , love the jacket and the new bag (espacially the silver one ) will be trending soon. Nice set soundtrack and MY girl Lous and The Yakuza closed so kudos to you LV

Sometimes I feel like he’s responding to Demna at Balenciaga when he doesn’t need to. I could just be projecting these thoughts onto Nicolas though, which is not my intention. Just something I observe.

I like some of the long coats, they’re made well. Other than that, I could never connect with his vision at LV. I hope his own namesake brand is a different vision and idea. Just ready for him to start that brand whenever...

If you ignore the fugly shoes and text prints, then this is actually quite a great collection. Fantastic trousers.

The styling is heavy as usual but some of it actually worked here. However, the last five looks should have been burned.

Possibly his most commercial show yet. A part of me really like this because I see a lot of his signatures, another part of me dislike this because it borderlines boring and the shoes need to go. I wonder are there any good shoes designers left? I see so many ugly shoes at many houses lately. Like I get the ugly. beautiful shoes but some are just trash.

Oh how I miss the days when Nicolas used to cut a mean form-fitting jacket and trousers in the mid 2000s... This all-oversize-everything trend really has to stop - Those men's jackets that look like they were borrowed directly from my dad in the 80ies really look terrible on anyone below the height of a model (and even then should be left for the kids to be thrifted from the flea market).

Sometimes I feel like he’s responding to Demna at Balenciaga when he doesn’t need to. I could just be projecting these thoughts onto Nicolas though, which is not my intention. Just something I observe.

I like some of the long coats, they’re made well. Other than that, I could never connect with his vision at LV. I hope his own namesake brand is a different vision and idea. Just ready for him to start that brand whenever...
Maybe you are right, maybe he is responding to Demna. I did not think about that but it can make sense that today, he sees him as a fair competitor or at least someone pushing fashion enough for him to use that energy to expand his aesthetic...

After all, Demna is at Balenciaga...A house we know Nicolas revived and Demna’s influence to recent fashion and to way people dress is kinda similar to the way Nicolas influenced the way people dressed for the majority of his career. Add to that the fact that Demna worked for Nicolas at Vuitton...

And in a way, there are some parallels between the two. They have used sportswear as a creative thread even if Nicolas’s interpretation have always been more creative or at least more forward looking. Nicolas did sweaters but in silk and neoprene. He did down jackets with jacquard incrustations. He did boots that turned into trousers...

Nicolas has always been into the 80’s, the clash of silhouettes, fabrics or influences but it’s true that since Demna has made the ugliness mainstream, Nicolas has been on this exploration of ugliness. He said last year that he wanted to do something challenging for the eye.

I definitely think that as a designer it’s more interesting to be in « competition » with what’s new than your contemporaries. Karl’s career is a testament to that. That’s how he survived 6 decades. I don’t think that if in the 90´s he saw YSL, Scherrer or Ungaro as compétition, his career would have been this long.

Suddenly, I like the idea of Nicolas feeding himself with the creative energy of Demna or JWA or whoever. The only designers of his generation that I think still have something to offer to fashion are Elbaz, Tisci and Philo. Slimane and Raf Simons are not designers I would be interested in competing with....

It is very much in vein of the same mid 80s crap Isabel Marant churns out every season.

Looking back at this collection…
It’s funny to see how our eyes get used to weird propositions overtime. I wasn’t a fan of the tshirts and dresses, in ended up only buying a pair of pants from this collection and now, I wish I bought one of those cropped tshirts. They were actually produced!
It’s interesting that pushing the limits of taste constantly makes his past work, even recent, more approachable.

And I see in this collection, something similar in terms of lightness to the S/S 2024. Also it’s quite interesting to see how he can endlessly do the 80’s retrofuturism thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->