Makeup dont's that you do!

bold black eyeliner during the day ! i just can't resist
night eyecream during the day < is there really a difference?
lipliner for me is more important than lipstick
don't use eyelash curler..i use my fingers :ninja:

I do night makeup for the daytime. I loooove heavy eye makeup and falsies no matter what time of day it is.

Me too! And lots of color shadows!
Purple, Bright Blue, Bright Metallic Gold, White Shimmer are all my faves....

I'm a member of the intense eye makeup club. I rarely ever do dark though-it's usually brights. I work in a store though where the lighting is such that I don't look terribly clownish-like stage lighting that doesn't wash you out.

I NEVER wear foundation. I used to use a cream-to-powder one but my skin is good enough that I don't need to wear it and I'd rather look natural than overly perfect. Plus again, the lighting at our store...people say I have perfect skin! (I wish)

I do sometimes sleep in my makeup, but I try not to-I will even put on makeup on my days off when I just stay home so it's motivation to do it at night.

I don't follow that eyebrow shaping rules thing...the one that says that you should take a pencil and angle it off your nose to find the end etc. I actually think it's utterly wrong, different types of eyebrow suit different people.

• I wear my Night Makeup for Day as well!
  • I don't moisturize before applying foundation!
  • I sometimes sleep with my makeup on!
  • I wear foundations that are sometimes too far from my skin tone!
  • I overdo my blusher no matter how many times people tell me to tone it down!
** I'm sure there are many more too.... :innocent:

Can I just say: THANK YOU to whoever did this thread because I feel so much better about what I do after reading about everyone's (no-no's)!

• I wear foundations that are sometimes too far from my skin tone!
  • I overdo my blusher no matter how many times people tell me to tone it down!
** I'm sure there are many more too.... :innocent:

Ahhhh! I TOTALLY overdo my blush!!! I don't know why, but I like crazy pink cheeks. I put a ton on in the morning, and sometimes I catch myself passing a mirror at work and I am stunned at how crazy psycho pink they are... Then. I usually do tone it down. But the damage is done. Everyone's already seen them. Hehehehe. :blush: :blush: :blush:

I like to use foundation that's a little more yellow than my skin. I just like it that way.

My makeup sins:
1- too much blush
2- too glossy lips (I like to be able to see myself on my lips:lol:
3- Lots of eyeliner
4- frost lipsticks(pinks like J.lo)
5- frosty eyeshadows(vanilla, grey) anything frost
6- shimmer(highlighter shimmer on cheeks, sparkle eyeshadow)
7-too much bronzer(my skin is yellow and I look bad without
8- I never wear red lippy no matter how much tell people "there's a red shade for everyone" I just look like a clown.

Put vaseline on the center of my lid after applying eye shadow. This makes it fade nicely and look much more subtle and artsy than a full colored lid

Ahhhh! I TOTALLY overdo my blush!!! I don't know why, but I like crazy pink cheeks.

OMG I always wear the crazy Pink colours too! Everyone tells me to try peachy shades, but I can't stop overloading on Pink for my cheeks! :wub:

I sometimes sleep in my make-up and usually always wear black eyeliner day or night

Too rough when applying and removing my eye makeup.

I also wing my eyeliner too much - not nearly as much as Winehouse - but I always like a flicky wing.

I don't wear bronzer, even though I'm very pale, and get asked if I'm sick at least once a day during the summer.

^ Maybe you just need lipstick? :unsure: I'm very pale too, but I only look sick if I have foundation + no lipstick on my lips :lol:

Well, it's true that I need at least of bit of blusher so I don't look wan. But the question about being sick has more to do with the fact that I live amongst people who hibernate at the beach during the summer. They belong to the Hawaian Tropic SPF4 species of bear.

I'm very pale as well and get the same 'what's wrong with you, you're too pale' questions all summer long......I find if you tell them you're allergic to the sun they leave you alone :P
My makeup don't is that I wear a super bright pink blush, just on the apples.....it looks totally unnatural but I like that it makes me look like a doll

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->