Marc Jacobs F/W 09.10 New York

i LOVE the purple dress

i cant believe how much this is growing on me by the second, lol im scared

now i want a video, i need to hear the music. if he actually played spinnerette it's pretty cool

jacobs0554lk4.jpg

jacobs0567xn9.jpg

jacobs0584lk0.jpg

jacobs0596cg0.jpg

*catwalking.com

That's all folks! The pictures I could get anyways!

Too much neon hurts my eyes :(, but I really love the look on Bruna.

oh i really love this collection. sure the 80's thing comes off tacky but if you look at the whole collection from another point of view, you can see that there's soo many stunning seperates that i wouldn't mind having in my warddrobe. it's a really fun and cool collection and that's why i love it.

i was actually wodering what was on the back of the heels... are those ribbons?

daylife.com

Ok this was one of the looks that wasn;t working, here it is!
nq7jmf.jpg

*catwalking.com

oh man,it looks a bit too garish to me. and i don't hate the 80's as long as the influence isn't as grotesque and literal as this. i really prefer margiela and anne-sofie back's interpretations.

That's easily the most makeup I have ever seen used in a Marc Jacobs show. I love it.

I was just thinking the same thing :D Years' worth of makeup :P I like how every look is different ... the deep green eye with the lash-like strokes is cool.

I love the colors, it's very optimistic, and I like the strong 80's influence. He's kind of playing with all the tacky 80's trends. I'm still all for shoulder pads so I quite like this.

The hair & makeup is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps the fact that it isn't timeless, classic and safe is it's appeal. Anyone who wears any of these pieces is bound to feel good because they are fun and lighthearted.

Agreed. It's not like we don't all have things in our closets we can wear when times are bad. Finding the perfect classic item is a rather sophisticated pleasure. Somewhat akin to getting a new roof ... absolutely necessary, and you feel more secure, but generally not something to get too excited about. These are feel-good clothes. It's a bit more body-con than MJ usually is, and I agree that from a distance the shoes are looking good ...

i really like the bright colors, the 80s vibe is cool, seems to be something marc keeps revisiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CincyCritic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->