Marc Jacobs F/W 09.10 New York

these are certainly not his best, but they are not too bad either.. he does have some great pieces here and there if you dissemble the looks. it's interesting that everyone had unique set of hair and make-up. just nothing too refreshing, but that's nothing new from Marc.

I just hope he doesn't do a similiar stunt at LV.
The rest...One season I like MJ, the other I don't. Normally I don't comment on collections that don't appeal to me because it's simply not my style. But this 80ties mess needs to be stopped. There was a reason for this thing to be over.
Fine, if you want to interpret the decade. But please don't just copy the looks from your favourite music videos.

Perhaps it was just too thin of a line with this one, one's bound to put a toe or even a whole foot over it. It's imbalanced and the presentation/styling gets in the way but then again, perhaps the pieces wouldn't register because they're too yesteryear or too right this moment, in which case there's the possibility none of it would be relevant six months from now. It's obviously personal and delights him and perhaps that's enough. What's odd is that the whole time, I was thinking of Camilla Staerk who did a masterful job of tackling the ghost of that same woman --without denying the times we live in. She recognized that nostalgia has its place. She was able to honor a raw feminine strength (there were no weaklings in Mapplethorpe's squad) without resorting to bubblegum pink or slipping in Palm Beach while no one was looking.

I love the collection! The cast is pretty awesome too!

I really like about the first 1/3 of this collection, some nice things going on there. The rest - not too much.

so many looks that i cannot get a clear idea of what's going on ....
the hair and mkup is indeed very Siousxie, Jem etc.
but when you look at the first looks you see nothing extraordinary, then you spot some i took that from here, took from there .... i even spotted a Final YSL/TomFord look, a Taylor Momsem in GG look etc. ....
and then come the final looks and all look costumish ....
seriously not taken on me ....

there're some nice looks .... but most of it is bad, literal and not funny at all ....
just to say it but in Europe the 80s revival is a bit dead for a while .......
maybe it's gonna take another time .... i'm not Madame Soleil ...

Taylor M. in GG

YSL/Tom Ford Final

LV AW 08 - which was 80s ...... but the recession wasn't the excuse ....

RO headpiece

Balenciaga AW08

*catwalking.com

oh man, some of the clothing looks so bad, i wouldn't be caught dead wearing it.....those baggy jeans and polka-dot coat? makes me just cringe.....

I don't like this at all.
But then I'm too young to understand it.

hahah this is so bad but fun anyway :D
TBH, some of the clothes are pretty nice, just the styling&combination with other clothes sucks.

Wow, this is definitely a lot to take in...!
So far, parts I love, other parts I'm really not into, and enough with the huge shoulder pads now...!
However, I really do agree with the others that have said this is going to look seriously great in editorials.

^ This actually is quite reminiscent of past season LV collections.

No question in my mind, when Marc changed his own look, the sensibility of his own label changed as well ...

I agree. Since then he's really got so wrapped up in his own hype.

If you just take away the images of the make-up and hair in your mind, the clothes are actually very, very nice.

All right, I officially need a LOT of time to like it :lol: But I love the casting, all of my girls were there! :wub:

This is incredible! I love the 80's vibe that I'm getting..
The Pink coat/black sunglasses look is amazing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CincyCritic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->