Marc Jacobs S/S 10 New York

most of the pieces will look great individually and i love the jackets.

Absolutely agree. Individually, they are quite pleasant, the outerwear especially. But when pieced together, or the way it's styled here, almost every look is horrendous.

Also, it just seem to me that marc is trying SO SO hard to do something different ALL at once. The heels, the ruffles, the everything.

Bad bad bad...

I kind of like it...i think some pieces will look amazing worn alone...i see potential! im not loving it but not hating it...its light and springy...

What's wrong with the make up?

Omg, this collection is simply ridiculous, this proves how overrated marc jacobs is.

29270ar.jpg

[fashionista.com]

my thoughts exactly. :innocent:

I'm in love with Hanne's and Vlada's coats. Very versatile pieces ^_^

Can't believe this show is all cheerful and fun, even with the austere "geisha" look.

For me, this collection is all about jackets. There is a topper for any woman here, whether one likes ruffles or military, structured or romantic. Some of my favorites include the pristine white harlequin overcoat with diamond cut-outs, the navy blue jackets with ruffle detailing, and Karlie Kloss's tough but elegant army green blazer. Also, the ruffly white confection Ginta Lapina wore is the PERFECT Nineties gaudy glamorous wedding dress, and probably one of my favorite pieces of the whole collection.

I learned long ago that it is nearly impossible to appreciate Marc's designs when looked at as a whole look. It is mandatory to dissect the overstyled look and take in each separate piece. Marc's design aesthetic is all about separates and the many different components that go into one outfit. One can simply not judge him based on a single runway look, as the styling is always over-the-top and ticky-tacky, purposefully, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a bit disappointed, this was not for what I was expecting from Marc Jacobs

Omg i have the same. I just sitting stood in front of my laptop and saying all aver again - what? really marc, really? not in negative way but either in positive. I just don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->