Marc Jacobs S/S 11 New York

As with all Marc collections this either a love or hate collection but I love it !

I generally never liked much Marc's collections since Fall 2010. And here he goes again and surprises me. It's all too wearable, and colorful, a 70's not estereotyped. I like it.

I will be the first person to admit that I am not a fan of Marc's recent work for MJ, but I had the privilege of seeing this show in person tonight, and it absolutely blew me away. It was an amazing experience from the first look to the last, and although the colors echoed one of his recent LV collections, the silhouettes were absolutely flawless. It has definitely prompted me to reevaluate my views on his creative aesthetic!

ETA: The photos posted so far really do not do the collection justice...I honestly could not take my eyes off of anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
im really looking forward to HQ's....the fabrics look really interesting

from gettyimages
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

i think it's very hit or miss for me. there are pieces that i love so much (the coats at the beginning, the short purple dress, the long flowy dresses) and others that i find absolutely hideous (see some of the ugly prints and the whole bunch of shiny fabrics)

I have to say I hated the beginning. Bright satins are just not my thing. Around halfway through I started loving it. I love the Missoni 1970s knits and the bright colors. I even liked the jumpsuits and I usually hate them.

But man oh man was the satin bad.

The collection mostly reminded me of some of the 1972-74 collections by Lagerfeld and YSL - worn by Pat Cleveland and Bianca Jagger etc. It's simply inspired by some of the best stuff of that era.

perfectly nailed it.
wanted to say that, coz surprised not seen YSL name before you nailed it.
:heart::heart:
Sometimes, I wonder if MJ wants to replace Pilati. He's doing a more relaxed (less cerebral) YSL ... But I still love Pilati @ YSL.

Also feel the Taxi Driver part. but not so much.

The quality of the images are very weak !
Stop posting those **** !
:ninja:

* Surprisingly liking this collection.

Im loving it so far. It is all very Taxi Driver/70's, which is one of my fave fashion decades.

style will have the whole collection hqs soon anyway

Marc Jacobs takes the disco girl to the big dance
Published: Monday, 13 Sep 2010 | 9:53 PM ET Text Size
Digg
Buzz
Facebook
Twitter
More Share
NEW YORK - So, a lot of designers have disco danced around a 1970s muse at New York Fashion Week with those billowy shapes, scarf-tied tops, gold lame and long, flared trousers, but Marc Jacobs, probably the most influential fashion force in New York, is the only one who fully asked her to dance.

www.cnbc.com

sorry to have wasted your time....i figured they were better than screencaps :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->