Marchesa F/W 10.11 New York

How extremely boring. This brand needs to dissappear or be completely reinvented. It's not funny anymore.

Aw, I wish they'd have done another Dior knockoff. Dior Couture was so terrible this past season, they really could have made some more subtle copies of Dior looks and ridden that junk to the bank.

Most of the dresses look like the spin-art version of Marchesa. Just squirt on the ruffles and watch them splatter.

i am sure we will see more than one of these at the oscars, which is really what they want, isn't it :innocent:

the shoes were lovely and high :D

nothing ground breaking but the dresses wee beautiful(some of them)
it was ok, Id love to see then on the red carpet

I love it, it´s much better than the last season collection. It´s more flattering to a womans body. The details are great.
And i´m sure we´ll see most of the on the red carpet very soon.

I am not keen on dresses that rely on a myriad of ruffle explosions to grab my attention.

too much technique on a dress=trash
we've seen too many examples in Chanel and Valentino
i feel wow about how much time it takes to finish tose dress
but i still want to spew
most of the dresses are ugly
please watch how Oliver did his dress

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Marchesa but I have seen this stuff before, yeah some peices are pretty, but other than than... That red dress is just all over the place, and In not to crazy about some of the over done hems on the dresses.

Marchesa is always too tacky, too pretentious and too ugly. I can't stand their work.

marchesa ready-to-wear bears a close relationship to elie saab couture in that it doesn't really innovate, establish trend, or have something to say, but gives us a quick preview of what will appear on red carpets and formal events worldwide. in that vein, i hope that there's a starlet somewhere bold enough to wear one of those short feathered -- giambattista valli, much? -- dresses to the oscars.

Everything is pretty but there is absolutely no evolution in this brand whatsoever. It's tiresome. There's no innovation, there's nothing for me to look forward to at all.

That champagne ruffle dress with the black bow belt is ALL KINDS OF GORGE! I adore it.

Some of the rest are great, while others look like figure skating costumes.

SO pretty! Love their work, as usual. My favorites are the gun metal gray dress, the long light blue dress, the lacey/sheer one and the bright blue mini dress.

The hemlines at the bottom of the dresses are really distracting..They show their gowns like this every season, and it all just makes for a sloppy presentation.

I don't like it. I haven't been liking Marchesa since her Spring 2009 RTW collection. From then on it's been always the same boring stuff!

Ugh,same old Marchesa,same fabrics,same shapes,it's just the same thing going over and over and over... :glare:
To all the people who can't afford to wear/buy Atelier Versace and Valentino,do not worry...there's Marchesa :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->