Mischa Barton Allegedly on 5150 psychiatric hold

Reaction score
USMagazine, July 16, 2009

Mischa Barton was removed from her West Hollywood home Wednesday by police, an LAPD spokesperson confirms to Usmagazine.com.
"We responded to her home last night on a medical issue," Officer April Harding tells Us. "We assisted with it. She was removed from her home."
Harding tells Us no 911 call was received, and that she was not sure if Barton, 23, was in distress. When asked if the actress was cooperative, she tells Us: "I guess."

Harding did not release details on where Barton was taken, citing California privacy laws.
A source tells Us Barton called the police herself after having a "freak out."
The actress -- best known for her role on "The O.C." -- was charged in 2008 with DUI and marijuana possession. She was sentenced to 36 months probation, told to attend alcohol education classes and pay a fine.
Barton checked into rehab after the incident, she said, because "I wanted to prove to the court that I would take it completely seriously.
"I went to rehab to prove I was sober," continued Barton in an interview with UK Marie Claire.
She's set to star in "Beautiful Life," premiering this fall on the CW.​

wonderwall.msn.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Mischa, take a break from Hollywood and all that malarky, and get healthy. You're young, you're good-looking, there's no need to ruin your life.

I knew when I saw pictures of her looking bloated and those bulging eyes. Something was not right. Poor thing. I hope she gets some much needed help. Hollywood is not worth it.

Not shocked by this development at all... she's probably withdrawing from whatever she has been on for months now..
Hope she gets better soon though.

Yeah I mean if you've been following her since her stint on The OC, this girl has been in the wrong kind of lifestyle for a lonnngggg longgggg time...

Wow, around 5 years ago I thought she would've had a Gwenyth Paltrow-like career, not this.

She's the most beautiful woman in Hollywood...and she is talented (IMO OC became the success it was because of her, and the actress who played her mom). She always struck me as a very atypical Hollywood celebrity. More brittle and unpredictable. I hope she gets out of this safely.

Poor dear, I'm not a fan but I can't help feeling sympathetic for anyone on the verge of, or in the midst of, a nervous breakdown--which is all we can assume at the moment.

I feel sooooooo bad for her, genuinely. I always felt she was a nice girl but clearly Hollywood influences were too strong for her to resist. She really had the world at her feet a couple of years ago, this is why I feel people shouldn't get into the spotlight so young. She wasn't ready.

I wish her luck in recovering! Must be hard for her with all the extra attention aswell ...

Poor Mischa. She's a good actress but her lifestyle has certainly hindered her career in the last few years. I hope she gets better soon.

Well 5150 is one of my favorite Van Halen albums...

But to Mischa, all the best... Shame when these folks have the world at their feet and they spin out of control.

:( I'm not a Mischa fan but this makes me sad. I don't think we should be so shocked that she's going through some rough times, though.. Disorders aren't as rare and weird as the media likes to put them, and she's obviously had issues with *illegal things* in the past. It's sad that this is being publicized, but it's expected..

I wish the media would give her a break.

I hope she gets better too. She had so much potential, it's sad to see that go to waste. Maybe she'll get her act together...

Were she and Dash Snow friends? It seems to me that they probably ran in the same circles...maybe she was upset?

I don't think anyone can say that they didn't see this coming. But perhaps this could be a positive push for her, maybe she'll realise where her life is heading and make the changes that are so desperately due. Hope she gets well soon. The thing with mental health is that you either have it or you don't. And if you do not have it, then obviously everything in your life gets messed up.

While this is no surprise, it is very sad. She has so much potential and is so young, I hope she recovers soon and sorts her life out

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->