Miu Miu F/W 09.10 : Hannah, Ilda & Mimmi by Mert & Marcus

Everything about it is strategically flawless. Bravo!

I love this! It reminds me of some of the early Miu Miu ads when they had models like Jessica Stam.

This is classic, and the girls are interesting and unique enough; unlike the celebrities who came before them who needed over-the-top concepts, set designs, colour-saturation, etc.

I like this. :heart: They didn't wipe out her beauty marks which is a little miracle in itself. This shot is simply good and easy, me like.

Go figure, that's my favorite part as well. There's something pure, unadulterated (or perhaps honest is a better word) and immensely flattering about this shot. I'm really hoping that the rest of the series is equally as strong. Yes, the composition leads one to focus on the handbag first, but there's a very palpable feeling to this shot that I quite enjoy.

I cannot wait to see the rest of these (Hannah Holman in particular). :flower:

I wanna see the rest, it looks promising, I'm lovin' it so far :heart:

i'm not impressed like usual. need to see other pic. hates the color saturation

I think it's a gorgeous shot, and I too, am overjoyed to see all the beauty marks...very pure, very real.

While I certainly do love this shot, (like Spike) I wish that something a tad more subversive would have been done. Maybe something that alluded to the bourgeois vanity and emptiness of the collection. I would have shot the ad in an abandoned Parisian 18th-century style apartment...the movie "Charade" comes to mind, in particular the scene when Audrey Hepburn returns to her home to find the place stripped of all furnishings.
charade05.png

(livejournal.com - film_stills community)

^That would have been gorgeous.
:heart:

I thought of a model sitting all alone at a ball, while everyone dances in front of her.
Something somber....

well the economy is tough, so its not wonder they are focusing on accessories in the campaign. I think it is subtly beautiful, but now wow I must say. I can't wait for Hannah's shot though.

she decides to ween miu miu off the celebrities now?! miuccia's a cruel cruel mommy...

i love this! at least it's not another celebrity like katie holmes or lindsay ... :D

Love love love it!! What they did with the colors is beautiful! And like iperlchen said, it's amazing they didn't photoshop all those gorgeous beauty marks. And, does the ad say the name of the model in the bottom left corner? That's rare, if it's not Kate or Gisele...nice.

i believe they always mention the cast, date and location in Miu Miu campaigns. sure, usually it says Kirsten or Lindsay Lohan, so this time it's quite refreshing to read models' names. not sure much of Miu Miu customers outside the fashion box will bother to notice though :D

^With previous campaigns starring models, they were not credited, so it's not certain it will happen this time. Though I hope it will.

^With previous campaigns starring models, they were not credited, so it's not certain it will happen this time. Though I hope it will.

The models this time are credited, Mimmi's name is credited in her ad :flower:

^That is great! Thanks for confirming.

edit: I didnt see the better scan on the previous page, otherwise I wouldn't have my earlier post obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->