Miu Miu F/W 10.11 Paris

This is cool. I like the last collection a little bit more but this is still top notch. I need to see the shoes close up. Can't wait to see the ads.

Details:

2hdmv0l.jpg
15na992.jpg

jjaewz.jpg
2508c5u.jpg

style.it/

did miuccia go out to drink with donatella for toooo long ? because it looks like miuccia got a bit overdose of versace aesthetic.

this is not miu miu. but some pieces are good but the full collection,,,,,, hmmmm

Talking about Versace, take out some of the embroidery and other excessive detail work and this could totally be Versace.

Anyways, the collection itself is nice. I have a soft heart for Miu Miu, it's more approachable than Prada for me.

The idea behind the shoes is nice, but the execution is a little off; because of the proportions. The bows need to be a little smaller.

So Dissapointing. This is just...Blah!

This is another Prada S/S 2010... if you're a usual fan, this won't cut it at all for you, but if you don't like the typical aesthetic, it'll be just up your alley.

I'm not usually a fan of Prada/Miu Miu, but I like this a lot. It reminds me of Mary Quant!

Quirky as ever. Very cute with a touch of oddness. Those flowers are so cute! The shoes...not so much lol

Some of the outfits are extremely cartoon-like especially the skirts with the giant mitten-like pockets. They remind me of Minnie Mouse lol

Last edited by a moderator:
From style.com :flower:

PARIS, March 10, 2010

By Nicole Phelps

If her Prada collection, with its emphasis on the bust, was a sexual come-on, Miuccia Prada's Miu Miu show was about romance—at least on its pre-Summer of Love sixties surface. The narrow, short silhouette made an erogenous zone of twiggy legs elongated by square-toed pumps. Sleeveless shifts came with high, chin-scraping collars, some accented with thin, floppy bows; other dresses blossomed below the waist and were cinched with large turnkey closures (the better to preserve the innocence of the girls who wore them, perhaps). An abundance of silver rosettes dotting the front and circling the hem of coats added to the sweet Mary Quant-ish vibe.

But this wouldn't be a Miu Miu show without a little—or a lot of—provocation. Pinafore dresses with plunging U-fronts were worn with bandeaux that exposed the flesh under the breasts; shifts had cutouts at the ribs; and miniskirts flipped up suggestively at the outer thighs. All of this was done in fabrics that had an odd, incongruous solidity.

The linear, Edie Sedgwick, pre-hippie sixties have been popping up with increasing frequency as the Fall season comes to a close. This collection put Prada squarely in the center of things, but, as usual, with her signature perverse twist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->