Miu Miu F/W 10.11 Paris

Seems a bit to simple for Miu Miu, but I like the aesthetic. :smile:

I love the latest bags, shoes and colour palette but not necessarily the clothing aspect

Of course there's nothing really new in this collection. But if you analise, you'll see there was nothing new about all the collections this season.
What I love about what Miuccia done in Prada and Miu Miu is that she's taking the DNA of the label and making it refreshing, I think. It's not revolutionary at all, but who has a lot of things to do with Miu Miu really got very impressed and loved all the collection.

ok hopefully she has qualified ppl to make these clothes. for the rest : nothing new, this is borring

I found quite an interesting explanation of the runway concept on Rem Koolhaas' OMA website.

"The mirror is after all, a utopia, since it is a placeless place."
Michel Foucault, Of Other Spaces, 1967

MiuMiu's Fall / Winter 2010 women’s collection is presented in a house, a Parisian Villa. The context is real. The domestic scale creates intimacy. As the models wander through its many rooms, the house becomes a place to project memories and familiar images of childhood. The collection is tangibly embedded into reality.

Yet, those fleeting images are projected into another reality: the "placeless place" of the mirror. Everywhere, mirrors are laid out on the floors of the house. They create multiple images and impressions: the collection of the collection, the fashion of fashion, a new of the new.

As the mirrors epitomize the feeling that fashion recreates itself, the elements of the house are also replicated in unsettling ways: its balustrades are represented with other balustrades; its chairs are abstractions of what can be considered as chairs. The house becomes an image of a house. It is unreal, and it is fun.
14_MiuMiu_sl120310.jpg

16_MiuMiu_sl120310.jpg

oma,eu & wallpaper.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->