Miu Miu F/W 08.09 Paris

It's a very strange collection, to say the least. I think the cut-out dresses could be wearable...maybe. I really like some of the shoes too!

I didn't like it at first, but now I think it's really nice, some shapes and cuts look very interesting. And I love the initials, clever idea! ^_^

I don't really think there's anything wrong with this collection. Miuccia is just showing the sporty side of Miu Miu.

I like this 'RV' piece the most. Great shoulder pads!

00350m.jpg

style.com

I don't really like it. It's just rather... odd from the pictures I see. I expected dolphins for a bit too... I guess it didn't bode well to me.

Am I the only one who likes this collection? it's prudish and boring (as usual) but at least fabrics and colors are nice, the models play, too.

Shoes are cool but has the typical visual impact of every brandnew collection. Surely, in 5 years we'll have a headache when seeing again. It's the good and the bad thing about Prada and Miu Miu: after 3 months everypiece is deadly OUT-OF-DATE.

i wouldn't wear this collection even if the designer gave me the clothes personally.

It's just wrong and the materials make me shudder.

there is something appealing about the ugliness of this collection ^_^

i think some of the dresses are interesting
esp with the cut outs
and some of the silhouettes are very swirly like in the collars you see in Prada s/s 08, doesn't anyone think so? the seams are all swirly and it kind of makes the fabric sit on the body like it's undulating

Oh!, I cant still love some fashion lines, they break totally the natural beautiful woman lines!!!!

i loved prada... but she killed me with this collection. this is HORRIBLE.

At first I hated this. Scuba suits and sports wear from the Soviet Union are not things I think of when I think of Miu Miu. But seeing it again, it made me think of how she is pushing the boundaries fabric-wise. The textures are interesting.

Obviously, a lot of it is not wearable. I don't think she intends for people to wear it. It's more or a proposition and thats obvious if you just look at the way the show progresses. It introduces the scuba-like get ups and then it goes into the skirts and the jackets.

Anyway, 80% of this is not going to be in stores.

I still think her best collection for Miu Miu was Fall 2006. I wish she would revisit that arty aesthetic. It worked for Miu Miu, imo.

I made this to show how the pieces, styled differently, and paired with normal make-up and hair - can look normal and appealing.

miumiufw0830dj99oq0.jpg

photos from style.com, made by me :flower:

I dont like this at all. Very not miu miu

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, I also find this collection was pretty pathetic as for the first piece. I would never say those were Miuccia's creations. I've read before that yes she's has been inspired by sportswear but in fact that's not what she should be doing for Miu Miu. And then those capitals on the chest...kind of ridiculous. As for the final garments, which I think are probably a development of the previous raw ones, I like them: interesting shapes and textures, and the proportions are really beautiful. Maybe she just wanted to show materially her inspirations and then get more advanced, I don't know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->