Miu Miu F/W 2024.25 Paris

Delphine is not losing any beat.
She is the heiress. That’s the kind of strategic move only her father could have made lol

If I was the CEO of MiuMiu I would have take the job too. The salary and the advantages are probably crazy and she has a decision making position anyway.

What matters at some point is the perspectives and they are probably better at LVMH.
They learned their lesson after the disastrous tenure of Matthew Willams at Givenchy. Something tells me that's the last time try something like that.
Something tells me that between what’s going at Tiffany, what happened at Givenchy and is currently happening at Kenzo, Delphine will probably have even more weight regarding the next hirings.

Matthew Williams was really the influence of Alexandre Arnault, following the choice of Virgil. It’s the Kanye circle Alexandre was close to back in the days. He don’t loose a beat and now they have Pharrell but the Nigo/Kenzo thing is not working.

So maybe less cultural and more fashion. And the person who created the LVMH Prize and is close to designers is after all Delphine…

Not to be shady, but Mrs Petruzzo didn't make MiuMiu "cool".
It's Lotta Volkova who did it.

She made the brand sexy and über cool again. It's Dior who should recruit Lotta Volkova. Especially if Galliano goes there...

Yes, Lotta did her thing but the executives did their thing too by being in total sync in terms of support of the vision of Lotta/Miuccia.

In terms of merchandising and marketing, they really pushed it. They saw great reviews, engagement from social media and they went for it!

Yeah, I agree. Also, Miu Miu is quite a small brand. Dior is top 5. Prada group doesn’t pay great either.

Anyways, I really doubt MiuMiu’s success has much to do with her… To this day I can’t understand their huge success. I know very well the brand and in January they were struggling. It’s crazy.
The product clicked and the marketing as well (ridding of the idea of quite luxury Miu Miu had always codes of uniform lolita etc so it fits well as the fun easy but still edgy naughty layer for the girl ( in spirit) that want to be fun but also smart and sexy)

I think her supporting role as ceo helped because it could be also otherwise when a ceo don't get or support the creative vision and pushes for right decisions that are creatively led etc ...... it slows things down and business side suffers etc, but it's realy credit to Lotta´s styling for me that give Miu Miu a much needed edge and modernity for now (Mrs Prada played with bad taste etc but she never did sexy edgy borderline sleazy well and that connects with current pop culture )

I think what Lotta´s styling is doing is smart in sense of slightly adding to a styling that idea that hit the mark with the first collection she started with and just prolonging it by adding chapters (details/variation on the same type of ideal miu miu girl) and not completely changing it every 4/6 months...market click well with something they can buy into that last longer than the current season yet be very now.

For me it's a lolita Ralph Lauren (on ACID) young girl classic codes redone for a IG TIK TOK generation

Also their dipping toes with the pop culture it girls helps to be mainstream (past was more movie starlets) and yet they keep the intellectual image as well for Miu Miu with everything else.

Only thing i dislike is the Miu Miu name on every product is lazy but i get it you buy a polo but you make sure people know its not 'GANT but Miu Miu ....

Yeah, I agree. Also, Miu Miu is quite a small brand. Dior is top 5. Prada group doesn’t pay great either.

Anyways, I really doubt MiuMiu’s success has much to do with her… To this day I can’t understand their huge success. I know very well the brand and in January they were struggling. It’s crazy.
Was it her decision to increase price by two to three folds, more than any other brand? If so, consumers all need to be aware of what's coming :lol:

I think her supporting role as ceo helped because it could be also otherwise when a ceo don't get or support the creative vision and pushes for right decisions that are creatively led etc ...... it slows things down and business side suffers etc, but it's realy credit to Lotta´s styling for me that give Miu Miu a much needed edge and modernity for now (Mrs Prada played with bad taste etc but she never did sexy edgy borderline sleazy well and that connects with current pop culture )
I mean, we saw it with Burberry…
They were quite reactive actually. I never expected such a silly trend to take off and ignite a buzz for the brand.

Was it her decision to increase price by two to three folds, more than any other brand? If so, consumers all need to be aware of what's coming :lol:
Sure it was hers…
I don’t think they have such a huge corporate structure at MiuMiu. At Louis Vuitton, Delphine was behind the pricing strategies but it’s a huge machine.

But at least, they waited for the collection to have a success to increase the prices.

When MiuMiu came to Paris for their rebranding, they increased their prices but never i felt like it was over priced.
Paradoxally, when I see their current offering of plain apparel with logos, it feels like the robbery of the decade.

I couldn’t agree more with everything you guys said, but in a way it’s very weird for me that certain styling and that just one person can be so decisive. I don’t know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dafraz117
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->