Miu Miu S/S 2021 : Emma, Allison, Kelsey, Topsy & Chloe by Steven Meisel

I like what I see so far! This reminds me of some of their old campaigns from the 90s. And Meisel!

Lotta styled the campaign, does that mean Katie Grand is out? I hope it's permanent and she can now focus on her new vanity project aka "The Perfect Magazine"...

I´m sick and tired already with this hairstyle...
and wtf is up with the amateur-ish lighting?

Looks decent, I like that it's so literal with the youthful vibe. And the styling actually seems great considering it was styled by Lotta Skletrix.

I hope Meisel is back permanently at both brands now.

Idk if I should be happy or worry because Katie is out but Lotta is here, oh well time will tell. If Miu Miu have the budget for Meisel then there is not excuse for Prada not too.

The result, I feel indifferent about this, she looks surprise not enigmatic, waiting for more pictures. Probably some interns "remotely" shot this because it's doesn't have the Meisel touch.

Horrible. Can’t believe it was photographed by Meisel

She's the perfect woman to represent MiuMiu! But the hair is a big no.

I'm just happy to see Meisel at Miu Miu again! :wub: But admittedly, it does look more like Mert & Marcus' artsy fartsy work.

Full Campaign is up on miumiu.com

"The Miu Miu Spring/Summer 2021 Campaign

Allison is primarily a painter, but also works with objects, posters and installations. Chloé is currently attempting to obtain her pilot license. Emma is an actor known for her portrayal of a princess in a popular streaming series. Kelsey Lu began studying musical composition at the age of 6, learning to play piano, violin and cello. Topsy enjoys molding clay as much as she does modeling fashion.

A community of nonconformist and idiosyncratically individual women form the cast of Mind Mapping, the Miu Miu Spring/Summer 2021 campaign photographed by Steven Meisel.

Ordinary domestic interiors frame extraordinary women: the enigmatic and multifaceted British actor Emma Corrin; the manifold Canadian multimedia artist Allison Katz; the internationally acclaimed American singer and classical multi-instrumentalist Kelsey Lu; and intriguing models Chloé and Topsy. Each is showcased in a pair of portraits, representations of their innate individuality - one posed and poised, the other personal, as if every sitter is captured at home in her imaginary bedroom setting. Different sides, of the same women.

Binary and yet paradoxical, complementary and yet contrasting, each set of images engages in a dialogue with each other, and the observer. They are windows into the worlds of this multitude of Miu Miu women - maps of their minds.

Creative direction by M/M (Paris), featuring Allison Katz, Chloé, Emma Corrin, Kelsey Lu and Topsy. Photographed by Steven Meisel. Styling by Lotta Volkova."

Source: miumiu.com

And still no Lila Moss :rofl:! But knowing it's Meisel I am not surprised he did not want to cast her...

Feels more Collier than Meisel. But at least no KG. We take our blessings as they come.

Full Campaign is up on miumiu.com

"The Miu Miu Spring/Summer 2021 Campaign

Allison is primarily a painter, but also works with objects, posters and installations. Chloé is currently attempting to obtain her pilot license. Emma is an actor known for her portrayal of a princess in a popular streaming series. Kelsey Lu began studying musical composition at the age of 6, learning to play piano, violin and cello. Topsy enjoys molding clay as much as she does modeling fashion.

A community of nonconformist and idiosyncratically individual women form the cast of Mind Mapping, the Miu Miu Spring/Summer 2021 campaign photographed by Steven Meisel.

Ordinary domestic interiors frame extraordinary women: the enigmatic and multifaceted British actor Emma Corrin; the manifold Canadian multimedia artist Allison Katz; the internationally acclaimed American singer and classical multi-instrumentalist Kelsey Lu; and intriguing models Chloé and Topsy. Each is showcased in a pair of portraits, representations of their innate individuality - one posed and poised, the other personal, as if every sitter is captured at home in her imaginary bedroom setting. Different sides, of the same women.

Binary and yet paradoxical, complementary and yet contrasting, each set of images engages in a dialogue with each other, and the observer. They are windows into the worlds of this multitude of Miu Miu women - maps of their minds.

Creative direction by M/M (Paris), featuring Allison Katz, Chloé, Emma Corrin, Kelsey Lu and Topsy. Photographed by Steven Meisel. Styling by Lotta Volkova."

Source: miumiu.com

And still no Lila Moss :rofl:! But knowing it's Meisel I am not surprised he did not want to cast her...
casting by Ashley brokaw

I may be very biased, but I actually like the full campaign. It's what I imagine Vogue Italia would look like if Franca was still alive today. It reminds me very much of the type of stories Meisel used to shoot for her around 2014/15. And although it's far from my favorite of his works, I can appreciate it! It's superior to Prada, anyway (as if that was hard to outdo).

Now I only wonder why Edward didn't get Meisel to shoot Emma back when she got her Vogue cover for the release of The Crown. That would've been stellar!

Reminds me of to an ed with Christina Kruse by Meisel from the mid 90s. So happy to see Emma photographed by him.

Finally something to get excited about!

Loving this campaign already. I'm easily persuaded by anything Miu Miu (clothes and campaigns). Seeing Meisel here brings me back to the fall 2015 and spring 2016 campaigns with the up and coming actresses. I also get a sense of Drew Barrymore's 90 ads.

Guess the absence of Lila is related to the absence of Katie Grand. Since Ashley is casting the campaign, does that mean she has control of casting the shows again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acctforstylethings
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"