Model Casting S/S 2022

First time visiting this thread this season; thank you Loewe, gorgeous casting.

Eww at Valentino again with the street casting, what a mess. Same with Chloe, worst castings this season. Anyhow, again, so many girls slowing down like crazy, Maty Diba, Aylah, Signe did 1 random show, etc etc, no one has 2 seasons secured nowadays

Bless Ashley Brokaw for giving us easily the most interesting castings, season after season... :angel:

Valentino's e-girl obsession is so weird. And their male model roster makes me want to projectile vomit. I.... just don't understand.....

The amount of newbies at PFW just within the first half is lovely to see, though a bit too much to keep up with, no? I'm still struggling to remember some girls who've walked 2-3 major shows. Still have a good 20 threads queued up to create when I have time on my hands.

Steve Jobs' daughter Eve walked Coperni.

What shows is Michelle Lee casting in Paris this week?

Aylah walking only Hermes after walk 10 shows in Milan it´s so ridiculous!!

What shows is Michelle Lee casting in Paris this week?
I think only Dior.
She was at Coperni too. But yeah, a good example of how so many girls are hardly booking anything this season. I’m most surprised for Tindi Mar, fresh from a Vogue Paris cover and she’s only booked Altuzarra and Alberta Ferreti, that is crazy to me. A Vogue Paris cover is one of the few jobs in the fashion industry that will secure major bookings for the girl, like Quinn Mora, Malika, etc. So weird.

^ My big question is WTF happened to Achenrin Madit? She was up there walking a good 30 shows for two seasons, then found her way back to Europe through Givenchy during the pandemic given she’s NY-based….. and now that models have the opportunity to do all four cities straight again, the European markets are feeding her peanuts.

Same applies to Sculy Mejia, Anita Pozzo, Alina Bolotina, Rachelle Harris, Maike Inga & Cyrielle Lalande… what happened to them this season? Most of these comebacks have been exceptionally weak this season, too. Once again, it’s really only been Jordan Daniels who I’ve seen make a true resurgence and show up just about everywhere.

Also curious to see if this is truly the beginning of the end for the Lexi/Mica/Binx/Kiki/etc. generation. Not a single one of them are doing extraordinarily well this season…

*P.S: seems Lulu Tenney is doing an NY-only season, and Nora Attal a London-only season.

Last edited:
I didn't realize Aylah had so many fans lol. Have any models been doing very well in Paris? A quick glance at MDC shows that Loli, Yilan, Mika, and Sherry have been doing pretty well.

I can't believe it. The hype is on Loli and Steinberg. Aylah did Dior haute couture show this year but not the spring/summer. She needs to go back to this hair
12641_t_9983fccc-2cb0-4d2b-a09b-8690d358fb59.jpg

The roaster of models used in each show are distinctively unique from one another, which seems kind of ironic when most brands are less rigid regarding the appearance of the models who walk their shows. Really, any of the top walkers could walk in any show.

You kind of wonder how models are making their money now when their showlists are dwindling with each passing season. Could Vlada even book 20 shows if she debuted now? I don’t think so.

Luna walked at Hermès and she will probably walk at Chanel.
2 shows in Paris and 0 in Milan. Seems like Donatella isn't into her because i could see her as a versace girl more than Grace Elizabeth.

Sora Choi hasn't been doing so hot.
Hyunji and Jade Nguyen have yet to do any shows in Paris.
Fran has only done Isabel Marant.
Fernanda Ly is in Paris, she hasn't shown up anywhere yet. I wonder if she could make a return to LV?
On the topic of LV.. Michelle Laff has only done Loewe. Grace Valentine has done Dior and Valentino. Signe has only done Balmain :blink:
Tindi Mar deserves better and so does Mao Xiaoxing who did 2 shows in Milan and then I think she flew to London a few days ago to shoot with Hugo Comte.

Tindi's just too short. If she had proportions like, say, Quinn, she'd be everywhere, but her height is quite noticeable. Same with Mao Xiaoxing (+ erratic management). I was still hoping to see more of Tindi on the heels of her VP cover, but stylists are picky. Lola Nicon is another one that simply doesn't fit the runway mold. But she already bagged more covers and campaigns than your average career total. It's worse if you're essentially a filler fading because casting directors are bored of you, or going from top walker to nothing because your physique changed in the most minor of ways.

Last edited:
Loved seeing Malgosia, Carmen Kass and Elise Crombez at Lanvin!
Interesting how Naomi is doing multiple shows, I can understand brands going for the Naomi effect when is she opening/closing but if she's doing it at multiple shows, it's less of a wow moment.

Mona Tougaards bookings are impressive given the difficult landscape this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->