Morrissey / The Smiths

Oh, I thought of something fashionable, even. I stopped into Barneys NY with a male friend and had a leetle teeny tiny Moz badge on my jacket.

While my friend was in the dressing room, the salesboy said "oh, is that Morrissey?" and then told me that Moz always stops at Barneys when he is in NYC. He said that he often brings the whole band in for clothes (lucky!), that he's rather quiet and shy and that he loves Gucci.

The salesboy said that he LOVES The Smiths and even though he helps lots of celebrities now, he has to work at keeping his cool when helping Le Moz. He also said that (do I dare type this?) it's sometimes hard to find the clothes Moz likes in his ummm, bigger size. This means that he often has to send things to him but Moz is very nice.

I know. :heart:

I remember thinking...
Note to self - go to Barneys Men's Department when Morrissey is in town. Pretend to be sales girl and help him try on clothes.

:lol:

haha..count me in! thanks for sharing the barneys info

My all time favourite from the Smiths is How soon is now, a painful declaration of shyness and loneliness:

I am the son
and the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and heir
Of nothing in particular

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

I am the son
and the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and the heir
Of nothing in particular

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

There's a club, if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you
So you go, and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home
And you cry
And you want to die

When you say it's gonna happen now,
Well, when exactly do you mean?
See I've already waited too long
And all my hope is gone

So are those Gucci shirts that he is taking off and throwing into the crowd (3 times) during each performance this tour???

The best band ever. I love Panic, Big Mouth Strikes Again, and Ask especially.

So are those Gucci shirts that he is taking off and throwing into the crowd (3 times) during each performance this tour???

I don't know, I've never caught one!

Maybe he tosses less expensive shirts? Heh. :P

i really like 'rubber ring' but i haven't found it on one of their cds yet... does someone know where i can find it? i only listen to it on youtube.. but i'm desperatly searching for a cd!

i really like 'rubber ring' but i haven't found it on one of their cds yet... does someone know where i can find it? i only listen to it on youtube.. but i'm desperatly searching for a cd!

It's on "The world won't listen" (B-side compilation album). A B-side for "The boy with the thorn in his side"

There's also a live version on the album "Rank"

:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cygne noir, thanks for the story! Lol at the 'bigger'; he has a bit of gut and I wasn't expecting that. The NY shows were good. I liked Friday the best, Life is a Pigsty was INCREDIBLE. David Johansen was there on Sunday, as was reportedly Moz's sister and nephew from the Suedehead video on Fri. in my section in the mez. Didn't notice them though!

He's thrown mainly Gucci, Prada, and D&G.

He wears Comme des Garcons Avignon. LOL I was right in front of him and I kept smelling CdG and wondering who had such refined taste. Duh, it was the Mozza.

I do find him arrogant as well, but when put in context w/the rest of his life its understandable. I can forgive him almost anything because of those lyrics. Although I am somewhat upset over ticket prices; $65 to 20? Sorry Moz, whatever happened to working class solidarity? (I just say this because everyone does; but frankly I don't think Morrissey has ever been strongly working class. He drives a Jaguar!)

The Smiths & Morrissey; those songs really were the only true friends I've had!!!
I bought all the Smiths cds from Amazon for 3-5 dollars each, brand new about 5/6 yrs ago. I have no idea why they priced them so low.

It's on "The world won't listen" (B-side compilation album). A B-side for "The boy with the thorn in his side"

There's also a live version on the album "Rank"

:wink:

It's also on 'Louder Than Bombs'

Which I can recommend; Track Listing

Get it:P

Cygne noir, thanks for the story! Lol at the 'bigger'; he has a bit of gut and I wasn't expecting that. The NY shows were good. I liked Friday the best, Life is a Pigsty was INCREDIBLE. David Johansen was there on Sunday, as was reportedly Moz's sister and nephew from the Suedehead video on Fri. in my section in the mez. Didn't notice them though!.

I read somewhere that (UK comedian) Russell Brand was there too. He's apparently working on a Mozzy documentary. I would soooo love to see that. :heart:

I do find him arrogant as well, but when put in context w/the rest of his life its understandable. I can forgive him almost anything because of those lyrics. Although I am somewhat upset over ticket prices; $65 to 20? Sorry Moz, whatever happened to working class solidarity? (I just say this because everyone does; but frankly I don't think Morrissey has ever been strongly working class. He drives a Jaguar!)

To me that doesn't seem like much compared to other acts. It's quite expensive to tour with that many musicians, crew, equipment, staging. I bet he's kept it as low as possible. Of course, I could be very wrong, but when other acts are charging $150 in NYC, it seems quite reasonable.

^ Oh really!!!! Arghh!! I didn't see him there, I never see anyone famous.

I never got around to making that Russell Brand thread by the way. I should get on that! I do know his cat is named Morrissey. Morrissey (the human) also performed last Dec. on his show with Courtney Love. He called Russell 'dear boy.' Lol. I so want to see this doc.

I wanted to see 'Who put the M in Manchester' when it was in the theaters but no one wanted to see it with me...sigh.

I guess its reasonable when considering his reputation as an icon, but he didn't even sell out Hammerstein on Sunday, and there were plenty of tickets after the pre-sale about a month earlier. My issue isn't so much the $65 as the fact that they dropped the tickets to 45 with a password and then 20 bucks with none! I don't think thats a very fair price for a ticket if you bought during the pre-sale and it dropped price twice and all the way down to 20. And don't forget all of the surcharges, 65 was more like 85.

And considering Kristeen Young was fired from the tour he just saved himself a bunch of $.

Yeah, I remember the discussion of the Russell Brand thread. But doesn't he wear the same clothes everyday? :P

I always thought Kristeen deserved her own thread - that girl has style. Too bad there aren't more pictures of her around. I always wondered if she made/designed her own clothes or if Moz bought them for her!

Cygne noir, thanks for the story! Lol at the 'bigger'; he has a bit of gut and I wasn't expecting that. The NY shows were good. I liked Friday the best, Life is a Pigsty was INCREDIBLE. David Johansen was there on Sunday, as was reportedly Moz's sister and nephew from the Suedehead video on Fri. in my section in the mez. Didn't notice them though!

He's thrown mainly Gucci, Prada, and D&G.

and YSL on the Ringleader of the tormentors tour ^_^

Apparently he fired that Kristeen chick from his tour.

good, she was awful. Made my ears bleed.

AAH, I LOVE THE SMITHS!

Favorite songs:
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore (so underrated)
Some Girls are Bigger Than Others
Stop Me
There is a Light That Never Goes Out
Ask
William, It was Really Nothing
This Charming Man
Hand in Glove
Panic

bigger gut and all....morrissey is still beautiful as hell.

'last night i dreamt somebody loved me'....song that makes me cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->