Moschino S/S 2020 : Gigi, Bella, Kaia, Imaan, Adut & Tyra by Steven Meisel

Tyra should have been in that campaign of falling models seasons ago. And I like to see some editorial girls having fun for once, like Imaan. Carlyne turn any serious girl into happy and sexy. Gigi, Bella and Kaia (I noticed that Meisel always replaces Kendall with her) are Steven's new favorite trio. I wont dare to say there's a new trinity right there, but at least they don't have dead eyes. I think this will be major, like the soup opera campaign. So different from Loewe and Marc Jacobs.The fashion chameleon still has his magic!

Last edited:
Disappointing. After the video I expected more and singing people don't photograph well.
I'm happy there's no Tyra in the shots but the cast is super boring. Moschino makes Meisel so trashy.

Something is missing from the images for me, the videos are way more exciting
Not something, but someone (Tyra), but I like it. A friend of mine is part of this, but I truly like this campaign.

So literally this is a failed campaign. The momentum would skyrocket and the media would eat it up had it been Tyra in the ads. The images themselves are not as strong as the video. Only Gigi, Kaia and Imaan look fine.

Jem and The Holograms homage. Love the energy of this and casting Tyra was a stroke of genius. They did Bella dirty though, did she piss someone off because the styling is not her friend. And gorgeous as she is, Adut is miscast here and fades into the background.

The problem is that the campaign is not stills from the video. It’s beyond obvious that they are posing.
I like it. It’s a pastiche of a pastiche so it works.

It's 2020 and some people are still hating on Tyra. LOL. Like it or not, her presence alone saved this ad even though it's just a cameo. Just look at the images, her over the top, campy energy would have been brilliant for them. But we get Kaia and Adut and Bella instead...tragic.

notice in the first video - Bella switches from saxophone to guitar between shots? Such a cute concept but the print ads aren't as clever as they could have been.

Gigi is an obvious star here, closely followed by Imaan. Bella's doing a good job as the background model. Kaia.... a mess. And Adut was a waste of money. Why cast a high-profile model for a barely present role in the campaign? Nonsense.

Tyra was a major missed opportunity, another big waste of money. But I'm still grateful that we got to see her in that amazing video at least. Perhaps this isn't complete though? I'll hope that we get to see Tyra in print for March issues.
I like the photographs, not as much as the video but it's still my favorite campaign of the season so far.

Print campaign :ninja:

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

What was the purpose of casting five models? Clearly Meisel wanted Gigi and Kaia front and center. The rest seemingly are extras - only a couple shots and each, and in neither are they the stars of the image. But I do live for Moschino campaigns season after season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velaryon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->