Versace S/S 2019 by Steven Meisel

Discussion in 'Ad Campaigns' started by TZ001, Dec 17, 2018.

1. bluestar

bluestar Well-Known Member

This campaign is a bummer but I do love the the newer shots with Rianne + Imaan + Adut and Kris + Blésnya + Vittoria. Also I love Shalom but that shot ain't working (not her fault though - look at what she's wearing LOL)

GivenchyHomme likes this.
  2. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

Adult and Rianne really did it, but the photo, unfortunately gets lost in this mess.

Yea, exactly. In the end is that the result that they wanted.
    It would be so good if they start to call other photographers and stylist to do a relecture on whatever "era" they are aiming to bring back, but at the same time who you gonna call? This is another problem in this industry, we NEED new photographers, last year we have major sexual misconduct allegations regarding major photographers, they are gone now, but even after that fashion is not doing nothing to give us new names.
    JWA did a online challenge to discover new photographers last season and his last campaigning was iconic, this is the type of energy that we need!

Benn98 and Lola701 like this.
  3. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

^^
    And I would add, if you want those big star photographers, pair them with fearless stylists who will not be impressed by the idea of working with a master.
    Jacob K has probably been inspired by Meisel campaigns and by early 90’s Versace.
    So, he is going to do his version of Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele... What’s the point? Where is the point of view?

The magic with a brand like Versace is that each stylist can have their distinctive vision fulfilled. The Carlyne era was different from the Carine era. Then Goldstein did her thing and Brana also.

I don’t really see the point of Jacob K doing Carlyne. I don’t!

4. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

This brand is becoming the next Dolce & Gabbana

Nomar, modela and Morgane07 like this.
  5. russianelf

russianelf Active Member

I love Irina's shot. She is such a perfect Versace woman! Bella, on the other hand, is beginning to look like Miss Fame. Shalom and the girls look great too. It's another Meisel campaign that is not really interesting but looks good. The stickers have to go though!

kenndale likes this.
  6. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

Bella's shot is the worst for me - she's doing almost the exact same pose as she is in the Moschino campaign! This had the ingredients to be great - girls like Rianne, Imaan and Kris; Meisel (whose star power seems to be rapidly fading judging by his recent work) and yet it's so bland. The clothes are hideous and the stickers are an abomination. Versace hasn't produced a good campaign for about three years now - they're practically sabotaging themselves at this point.

7. KissMiss

KissMiss Well-Known Member

Actually, we do talk about nostalgia a lot because we are aware of it. However, look at instagram, lots of users and fashion followers think these are new concepts. That’s why people got so lazy and they get away with it all the time.

aracic, Benn98 and Lola701 like this.
  8. Sensation

Sensation V.I.P.

I'm glad Irina is in the campaign but the images themselves are nothing new.

9. Fiercification

Fiercification Well-Known Member

Meisel and his mostly blah campaigns and Edward Enninful boringness in UK Vogue is not saving the medium of fashion print...sorry!

Having said that Blesnya looks amazing in the Clueless photo; I actually think Vittoria ruins that one!

10. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

The cast is great! Remember when they booked Saskia, Madonna, and Karlie. And after that came those hideous Bruce Weber campaigns. :yuk: The brand has seen darker days. At least they look like Versace girls. I love Shalom. She is bringing it! Overall it's good, I just hate that they're going to deface them with those gold turds.

11. Riseup

Riseup Well-Known Member

The photoshop in this is also insanse, i literally thought that was Adesuwa and not Blesnya :rofl::rofl: thank you, NEXT

PHILOSOPHY likes this.
  12. sixtdaily

sixtdaily Well-Known Member

I thought Aya Jones was making a comeback lol

333101 likes this.
  13. thatsfierce

thatsfierce Well-Known Member

What the hell is happening with Meisel!!! Where's the magic? Where's the sexyness? Where's the inspiration?
    This is beyond sad, the collection was tragic and even more the campaign. I'm so excited about Shalom's comeback but I'm sure there were more stunning shots instead of that one; she looks killer in that video, damn it.
    By far the shot with Rianne, Imaan and Adut is the best, I love them all, but Imaan stole the shot, she's the ultimate Versace girl to me. Hopefully there's more shots of her in the campaign, but I doubt it.

14. russianelf

russianelf Active Member

IMO Meisel has lost his magic a long time ago. Even when his editorials became bland, he used to care more about his advertorial work - but not anymore it seems. Now we can all just enjoy the pretty pictures lol.

15. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

Ugh it’s just so bad!! Hideous! I’m beyond sick of multi girl campaigns and TBT stunt casting. It’s so predictable and pandering.

And all those LOGOS! It’s just obscene.

artemovartem likes this.
  16. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

its just the same old for a few seasons now not very exciting. at least the clothes saved it before.

17. PHILOSOPHY

PHILOSOPHY Member

meh.

Perickles likes this.
  18. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

19. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

Bella looks like a Vulcan in the video with those eyebrows and ears.

20. artemovartem

artemovartem Well-Known Member

I don't understand why Vittoria Ceretti have to be a part of this again. Sick of her.

Also I can't deal with the fact that Irina Shayk is working with Steven Meisel now, lmao. But he lost it anyway.

At this point I'd rather see Shalom as OG in this campaign, don't care about her tho.