Versace S/S 2019 by Steven Meisel

The video of Shalom was EVERYTHING! I think she could carry this campaign by herself, I’m beyond tired of the Hadids, they are gorgeous but as models they are BAD! I love Vitto but again for Versace (and Moschino)? Also Adut and Rianne, STOP with them, we get it, they are the “It” models, but they become boring when you see them in every single campaign/magazine, casting directors are so lame. Irina did a good job tho, I don’t even care for the rest of the cast when the ad looks like the one of last year. Bye

Hadid is a bit too stoic and her face looks too altered at this point.

Versace has not had a decent campaign in ages. The fashion industry needs new blood with a fresh perspective.

It's tired and has become a parody of itself.

why are they trying so hard with all those "marketing nonsense" and the big text layouts. Just give Shalom an OG campaign, in studio and outdoor shoot and put Versace logo on it. You have SHALOM and this is what she has to share with?

Shalom's video is amazing, I can't believe they choose the worst picture of this (looks like an ANTM episode, when you see the girls working very well and then they pick a bad picture for elimination because Tyra hates them, hahaha). Irina and the gang steal the show here. The clothes is not taht good, and those stickers, yuck!

Honestly, this could've been shot by Demarchelier and you would see no difference.

Bella’s second picture.

She’s making the exact same face in both of her’s.

Honestly, this could've been shot by Demarchelier and you would see no difference.
The lighting is very different between the two.
This is very close to Avedon but then again, Meisel’s lighting is more vivid...

Bella is actually scary!
She could do the Alien Thierry Mugler ad easily!

I feel like brands, conscious of the mess they are and the power and credibility they've lost, try to do instantaneous iconic things in a very try hard way (campaigns, runway presentations, castings...). But everything feels flat and empty because you get the impression it's not genuine and natural at all... You feel they are desperate to bring back the good old times...

And since everyone is using fireworks for everything every five minutes, nothing pops out or stays in your mind for more than two seconds...

Versace is so lost that it could never let a CD or a photographer or a stylist improvise. They are trying so hard to fit in the new times (using tools a brand like Versace is not comforable with), that they can't allow themselves to loose more of their identity, so they have to come back to their roots (Avedon, multigirl, supers...) to prove it's still Versace. It looks so fake an uninspired.

And I feel like that with every old brand.

I can't believe Bella is 22 years old, she looks about 15 years older...

This campaign is so lifeless and I can't stand the lighting.

I feel like brands, conscious of the mess they are and the power and credibility they've lost, try to do instantaneous iconic things in a very try hard way (campaigns, runway presentations, castings...). But everything feels flat and empty because you get the impression it's not genuine and natural at all... You feel they are desperate to bring back the good old times...

And since everyone is using fireworks for everything every five minutes, nothing pops out or stays in your mind for more than two seconds...
You have so perfectly described the problem with contemporary fashion.

This campaign is so bad. The only good shot is the one with Rianne, Imaan and Adut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->