Natural & Household Beauty Recipes

beauty tip

Honey remedy for skin blemishes... Cover the blemish with a dab of honey and place a Band-Aid over it. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin sterile, and speeds healing. Works overnight.

Curious said:
Ha! Thanks for the clarification, Meme. Duh, on my part ^_^

Yes! LOTS of water, I imagine. I'm kind of a nut about fiber!! Most people count calories, I count fiber grams...

I'm familiar with the initial bloating from extra fiber, but for everyone else reading... it does go away once your body is accustomed to it!

A bonus, too: Getting the right amount of fiber also helps keep your belly slim! Doctor's recommend that women get between 25 and 35 grams a day. Most women only average 15!!! Food for thought :D

I dont think i get enough fiber :(
I have a question...
how do you manage to eat 25/35g of fiber? do you take a supplement?

oatmeal mask: mix oatmeal with water (make a paste). leave it on your face for no more than 15 mins. or else it'll be very itchy.
for blotchy skin: apple cider vinegar plus water as my toner
for acne/pimple: lemon + water
to minimize pores: rub tomato skin on nose, etc etc.

I put a little bit of hairspray on my finger tip and then rub it across my eyebrows before I go out to keep them in place.

hi this is a great post

here are my tips:
scrub nails with a lemon to strength them i believe this also helps get rid of yellowish marks left by dark nail polish.

sorry don't know the word in english in spanish its agua oxigenada. its used like alcohol to clean cuts. if you dab some in a cotton ball and then clean under ur nails it will make them whiter so they kind of resemble a french/white tip.

sorry if someone has already said this - apple vinegar for dry/itchy/dandruff scalp. it works!

I rinse my face with salt water when I've scratched at spots and they've become tiny cuts.

strawberries are a natural anti-oxidant.... i sometimes mash up a couple strawberries and use it as a face mask...

hollyslookingdry - WHOA! I used the salt on my nose for blackheads and it's worked! I've used it every 3 days after regular cleansing, and it's been great! Thank you so much!

meme527 said:
guess it's up to me to go there.:P

psyllium seed husks are create for combatting sugar cravings - i'm a diabetic so this is important to me. taken twice a day it is an internal cleanse, great for skin, cuts down on hunger...i highly recommend it.

it can cause gas and bloating at first, so please: try this at home (or try it in small amounts and build up to a tablespoon twice a day)

meme

I've been adding husk to my youghurt for the past two days now..and it's a struggle :( ..I was told it didn't taste of anything...but it seems to swell up in my mouth and while the taste isn't awful..it still gives me the gag reflex now and again..so I'm only eating 2xteaspoons of the stuff.

Acid said:
porridge oats mixed with hot water.......the squeezed creates a kinda milk. if u wash your hair with this milk it makes it very thick and good condition. and as for the oats left over, you can use them as a face and body scrub

yeah, please.. I wanna know

btw, can you give me a site where I can buy the gel you are talking about?

meme527 said:
guess it's up to me to go there.:P

psyllium seed husks are create for combatting sugar cravings - i'm a diabetic so this is important to me. taken twice a day it is an internal cleanse, great for skin, cuts down on hunger...i highly recommend it.

it can cause gas and bloating at first, so please: try this at home (or try it in small amounts and build up to a tablespoon twice a day)

meme

my dad's diabetic too. you know what he does to keep his sugar level in control?

He buys a cactus leaf, slice it b/w the upper and lower surfaces of the leaf. You will find some kinda gel inside it.. If you eat it atleast once day, it really helps. At least for my dad.

To whoever posted (sorry i can't remeber) thanks for the salt tip for black heads is totaly does the trick!!!:D:smile:

Hi, you are all the natural people......, it's great to know all of your tricks. Mine is olive oil, lemon, table salt to rub together as shower douce. Practically I use after I do my routine joggings. My dirty sweaty skin becomes soft and clean afterwards.

Hair grow tricks with natural ingredients. Indonesian trick is celery. Apply celery on damp hair..., leave on an hour, then rinse with tepid water. So you can use your regular shampoo.

Everyones mentioned all mine already.

But if you have any piercings (this works on everything but tounge and other more extreeme piercings) and they get iritated easily even after healing. The thing to do is to mix a cup of distllied water with enough sea salt so that the water is kina murkey looking, then put some a Q-tip and rup it around each end of the piercing and all over the jewelry, also before you put the jewelry in soak it in the salt water first. This helps alot with all the redness and irritation.

Make sure you're using distilled and not filtered water. Because distilled is pure water with no other chemicals or minerals in it, where as filtered does have some minerals in it that can cause irritation.

Oh and whoever suggested the psyllium husks, not a good idea. That stuff is basically metamucil withiut flavoring and it's a laxative.

Last edited by a moderator:
the baking soda thing is awsome i did it last night and saw immediate results in the morning:D :D

contessacolette said:
few homemade beauty recipes....

egg yolks as deep conditioning treatment. use the FRESHEST eggs the market has, even better if you find a chicken that just popped a few out :lol: :flower:

Use the ***COOLEST*** water possible. I cannot stress this enough. Don't ask me how I know, but three words: hair foo young :shock:

Best ever home beauty thing I've done: brown sugar and lemon in a dry heat sauna.. let it bake on/in, and then go shower later. Incredibly soft, smooth skin. Can also do brown sugar/cream but the lemon has some special, um, zest... for lack of a better word.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->